Simplefit.org • View topic - Can i still lift weights?

Can i still lift weights?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Can i still lift weights?

Postby soops » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi,

I stumbled upon your site and want to start this routine. Currently my workout routine consists of lifting weights (split by Day1 for upper body, Day2 for lower) and jogging 25 minutes about 4 times a week.

So my question is, is the routine you have on your site a substitute for cardio? If I do this routine alone will it help me bulk up? And if it doesn't can I still continue to lift weights as I have in the past?

Thanks.
soops

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Try it out, people are usually happily surprised to see this type of workout builds muscle mass. This workout is designed to provide good general functional fitness anaerobic and aerobic . Even if you are in really good shape you may find one of these workouts will suprise you ;)

Functional movements executed at high intensity have been proven to elicit a neuro endocrine response. "high-intensity intermittent training may improve both anaerobic and aerobic energy supplying systems significantly"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

keep lifting if you like it, always good to mix stuff up, maybe try integrating some of your lifts with some of these circuits to increase the intensity..

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Other cool stuff you can try if you want more resistance are handstand push ups, ring dips, ring push ups, ring pull ups, inverted pull ups, and one leg squats. I personally love using rings it adds a whole dynamic stabilizing aspect to workouts.

Here is Jim doing handstand push ups on rings, this takes quite a bit of strength.

http://www.beastskills.com/hspu%20rings.jpg
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness training