Simplefit.org • View topic - starting today

starting today

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

starting today

Postby holden » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:54 am

Hey there. I love the concept of simplefit, and I hope I love the training even more. I'd always been meaning to get into a training regimen that relies only on moving my own body weight (no weight lifting) and this looks like a great start.

I'm a runner/biker, so I have great leg muscles but no upper body strength whatsoever. I can barely bench the bar.

For the record, I'm 25 years old, 5'9", ~135lbs. I don't need to lose any weight... I'm a bit on the skinny side as it is.

A few questions, since the site just started and I might get some real answers ;)

My little brother got great results recently with whey protein. I know nothing about it aside from what I gleaned from wikipedia. What do I need to know before starting?

I'm an occasional cigarette smoker, and I probably won't be quitting any time soon (although I've dropped from a pack a day to around 3 smokes). Are there any good diet tips to counterbalance whatever damage I'm doing to myself?

Creatine? Yay or nay?

Okay, I guess that's it for now.
holden

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi,

I would start clean as possible with the nutrition program outlined, nothing is better than eating "real" whole foods get you protien from lean grass fed beef, eggs, fish, and chicken.

After you get your diet dialed in and your performance is good and you have a "baseline" then I would think about introducing supplements, but the only supplement that I would recommend to everybody is fish oil.

Intermittent fasting has show strong effects in the prevention of many diseases, but I would not count on it to offset the effects of smoking.

Great to have you hear and let me know how it goes.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness training