Simplefit.org • View topic - Perfect Form on L6D3

Perfect Form on L6D3

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Perfect Form on L6D3

Postby cheapo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:30 am

Since starting L6, I have made a commitment to using perfect form (or as close as I can get), but with my first D3 scheduled for this evening, I find my resolve weakening.

I can already picture myself kipping and throwing myself up to the bar. Should I give in, or should I hold to my promise? Can I live with a 10 minute D3 time? What if it's 15 minutes?
cheapo

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:35 am

KIP!
volleyball_man

Postby zorg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 am

I see nothing wrong with kipping. It's not easier, imo, just different. In fact, higher levels can't really be done in an acceptable time unless you kip.

Personally, my pushup form declines much more than my pullup form.
zorg

Postby brichm01 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:22 am

Congratulations on L6. Very nice!!

OK, I'm going to be the lone dissenter here. Maybe I'm being too much of a purist. I would live with the long times. You just have to be patient and focused and understand that eventually the times will go down.

I find I get better improvement results by not kipping. But I also understand everybodies different and their bodies respond to different things.
brichm01
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 am

I guess my best argument is that L8D1 is Cindy. Cindy, as rx'd is with kipping.
volleyball_man

Postby cheapo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 am

zorg wrote:In fact, higher levels can't really be done in an acceptable time unless you kip.

I'm sure that's true.

brichm01 wrote:Congratulations on L6. Very nice!!

Thank you.
brichm01 wrote:OK, I'm going to be the lone dissenter here. Maybe I'm being too much of a purist. I would live with the long times. You just have to be patient and focused and understand that eventually the times will go down.

I find I get better improvement results by not kipping. But I also understand everybodies different and their bodies respond to different things.

I think I will do it good and slow tonight and kip next week. And then continue alternating like that. Best of both worlds.
cheapo

Return to fitness training