Simplefit.org • View topic - Day3 and Pavel's ladder?

Day3 and Pavel's ladder?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Day3 and Pavel's ladder?

Postby ianjb » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 am

Newbie here. I started Level 1 Day 1 last week and was quite sore for a couple of days...

I just repeated L1D1 this morning so we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I'm really excited about this simple fitness program. I do a fair amount of cycling and so the squats are easy. I was horrified to find how little upper body strength I have.

I don't think I'll have a problem with day 2 but day 3 looks rather daunting. I read in another post about Pavel's ladder
(http://www.cbass.com/Pavel'sLadders.htm )
and it seems like that might be a good way to approach day 3.

Thoughts?

A huge thanks for a great community.

Ian
ianjb

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:32 am

Great stuff I have used grease the groove and ladders myself just be very careful of repetitive strain injury and tendinitis.

I know we are want to get strong fast but sometimes it is better to go slow especially because muscle can builds a lot faster than tendon and connective tissues. Listen to you body because 6 weeks off to let tendinitis heal sucks.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ianjb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:13 am

Thanks for the response.

I did L1D1 again yesterday and completed 22 reps in 17 minutes as opposed to 20 reps the previous time when I was sore. Guess what, I'm not sore. It's amazing how quickly the body is able adapt.

I spent quite a lot of time yesterday reading through this forum and have learnt a lot. I don't feel quite as intimidated by L1D3's 10 pullups as I now know I can take rest times as necessary to complete them.

I was very motivated by vbm's log. I can almost do a dead hang chin-up but not even close on a pull-up. Like vbm I plan to stay on L1 until I can do the pull-ups for real.
ianjb

Postby volleyball_man » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:06 am

Cheers!

Thanks for the nod. And my tongue-in-cheek reply regarding pullups is this "hang in there" :)

When I do huge amounts of pullups I still break them up. I can do between 5 and 7 in a row. When I have to do any amount over 30, it's 3 at-a-time.

Don't stop!
volleyball_man

Postby ianjb » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:37 am

Thanks for the nod. And my tongue-in-cheek reply regarding pullups is this "hang in there"

Seems particularly appropriate. Hanging there is a lot easier than pulling up ...

L1D2 today. Did the 5 rounds in 9 minutes including resting 1 minute in between. I'm really pleased with 5 reps of 6 real push-ups, only two weeks ago I had to do the push-ups from my knees. The pull-ups were subbed by chin-ups with a little jump. I'm hoping to do at least one dead hang chin-up per round very soon.

Thanks vbm for your support.
ianjb

Return to fitness training