Simplefit.org • View topic - A few questions

A few questions

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

A few questions

Postby Silvachief » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi guys. Just starting with the Simplefit excercises, and I have a few questions.

Would it be a good idea to drink protein shakes after excercising to help with muscle recovery?

What kind of warmups and cooldowns should I be doing before and after excercise?

Would it be a good idea to add situps to my workout? Perhaps equal in number to squats, as I find them quite easy.

And also: Pull-ups vs. Chin-ups. Should I be using one or the other, or interchanging the two?
Silvachief

Re: A few questions

Postby court12b » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Silvachief wrote:Hi guys. Just starting with the Simplefit excercises, and I have a few questions.

Would it be a good idea to drink protein shakes after excercising to help with muscle recovery?

What kind of warmups and cooldowns should I be doing before and after excercise?

Would it be a good idea to add situps to my workout? Perhaps equal in number to squats, as I find them quite easy.

And also: Pull-ups vs. Chin-ups. Should I be using one or the other, or interchanging the two?

I appreciate a good dose of protein after "day 2" since it resembles a strength workout.

for warmups I believe Kevin recommends simply going through the motions slowly a few times.

as far as chins, there's a lot of personal preference involved. I like kipping pullups even though I believe rx'd simplefit is "strict" pullups
court12b

Hi Silvachief

Postby kalanabanda » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:22 pm

I would like to give you some advises, because you are a beginner. It is a really a good idea if you can drink some protein shakes after exercising, but don’t drink anything like Mega mass until you do some exercises for about 3 months.

When it comes to Squats, normally a beginner is advised to do 24 squats per day. You can do it in three times, I mean 8 squats first then take a 5 minutes brake again do 8 squats take a brake and do the balance 8 squats. So I recommend you first to do the basics and then go to the advance Exercises.

Thank You.
kalanabanda

Postby volleyball_man » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 am

Eat food - no protein shakes necessary.
volleyball_man

Return to fitness training