Simplefit.org • View topic - Trapeze Rigging Pull-up Bar Review

Trapeze Rigging Pull-up Bar Review

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Trapeze Rigging Pull-up Bar Review

Postby Martin M » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:43 am

Dear Forum Members:

Got a Trapeze Rigging Pull-up Bar from Craigslist OC and here's what I have to say:

It's awesome. I'm 165 and it holds me well for pull-ups, dips and body rows. In addition, I use a suspension trainer (formerly TRX but now another brand) and gymnastic rings. So long as I use these for purely vertical moves (ring dips, body rows, ring pushups), the trapeze rigging works quite well. It does make a little noise and sways ever-so-slightly but it's great.

Also, the guy who runs trapeze rigging will respond to inquiries. That's pretty cool.

Here are some changes Trevor (I believe that's the owner's name) could make:

1) Space the dip handles a little closer together so that the average person's elbows are close to the body while doing dips.

2) Make a bar that's about 4-6 inches taller. That'd allow people like me (6'0") to do pullups from a complete dead-hang position. Same for leg raises.

Trevor told me that these are the most common recommended changes but that economies of scale prevent him from implementing them.

So, go out and buy some so he can make the modifications!

It is amazing at 22 lbs. It is mobile and fits in the travel bag. The only change I'd make on that would be a zipper enclosure rather than the current velcro one.

All in all, 9/10.

Martin
Martin M

Re: Trapeze Rigging Pull-up Bar Review

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for the info!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trapeze Rigging Pull-up Bar Review

Postby stizzorm » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 am

Great review, thanks!
stizzorm