Recovery

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Silvachief

Recovery

Post by Silvachief » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi folks. I just started doing these simple fit excercises, and i'm finding that I take a very long time to recover from each workout. So much so that I can't fit 3 days of excercise into one week. Other than taking in more protein, is there anything else I can do to recover more quickly? Can I expect my recovery times to improve?

cheapo

Re: Recovery

Post by cheapo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm

The short answer is: Yes, your recovery time will decrease.

Long answer:
I have been doing SF for almost three years and every now and then I miss a few weeks. When I start out again, I have to deal with DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness — I can't believe it's a real acronym either) just like a beginner. The first Day 2 (after the first Day 1) is usually most brutal, even if I add an extra day between Day 1 and Day 2. I usually tough it out, but my form, on squats especially, can be very bad. Over at Mark's Daily Apple, someone suggested doing only Day 1 in the first week; Day 1 and 2 in the second week; and all 3 workouts in the third.

That said, if you've made it through your first week and done two workouts, you should be all set to do three workouts next week.

I'm not answering you nutrition question, because I don't know the answer.