Simplefit.org • View topic - Running through the woods!~

Running through the woods!~

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Running through the woods!~

Postby LoriGlen » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:20 am

A while ago I was reading texts by a kung fu student. He briefly touched on how to improve stamina and reflexes by running through the woods.

So I hydrated myself and did just that today for my cardio workout. It's certainly more taxing than just jogging along the trails. You have to watch your footing and watch out for trees. Most woodland is hilly, so there's lots of terrain changes.

All in all, I can recommend it to anyone who wants to make running a bit more challenging. Just watch out for pits and traps and the like. It is more dangerous because it's so easy to twist your ankle in a foxhole somewhere. But if you stay alert and watch where you're going, it's a fun (but still quite challenging) experience.
LoriGlen

Re: Running through the woods!~

Postby missionman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes! I plan on doing this myself when the whether gets better. There are some great creak beds around my area that have a small flow, but large boulders. I thought I would hike up one of those too as I'm sure it would be great for balance. There is already a movement for just this type of thing started by a French guy. Here is his site http://movnat.com. He is offering outdoor workshops etc. There is also some youtube footage of him and others doing this type of workout. I was thinking of combining this into some foraging for wild berries, mushrooms or edible plants natural to my area.
missionman

Re: Running through the woods!~

Postby missionman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

I just looked right after I posted and discovered there is now a whole movnat channel on youtube. I'm going to watch now
missionman

Return to fitness training