• View topic - How long should levels take?

How long should levels take?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

How long should levels take?

Postby purplexer2014 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 pm

I've been Level 3 for 4 weeks. The first couple of levels were a breeze. I spent 1 week on level 1 and 2 weeks on level 2.

I knew the passing each level would be progressively harder but I'd like some feedback on how long is normal for each level. Perhaps I am not pushing myself hard enough to see results.

Also, is there a strategy to approach day 3 to get the best time. Perhaps I am spending too much time resting. My day 1 times are improving yet it seems that I may be another month or so from progressing to the next level? Is it normal to spend that much time on Level 3? Should I change something, perhaps add a day or two of cardio to lose some fat?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: How long should levels take?

Postby typokun » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:43 am

I remember breezing through the first few levels, then I hit my limit on level 3 or 4, I believe, and It became quite slower to move up my levels... Though I believe my reason for it was that my muscles were strong enough- ish for the level 3 already, but my entire body wasn't, sort of like doing cardio for the first time. So, you might have reached either a muscle limit or a cardio limit? Don't know how that'd be named, if it's actually a thing.

In any case, forcing yourself to finish just ~one~ more set, do it just a biit faster every time, not necessarily pushing yourself to your absolute limit but just going a tiny bit further than you thought you could does help, I always saw results myself the next week after doing just that. Maybe when your entire body catches up to the exercises you'll start going up levels again a bit faster, though not as fast as the first two!

Obviosly, not an expert here, I just got to level 6 a long time ago, and just stopped because of... being lazy and busy, and just got back to it, level 1 again.

Return to fitness training