Simplefit.org • View topic - Active Rest

Active Rest

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Xtina » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:07 pm

I guess it is time for me to start posting my diet, although I typically quit when it gets embarrassing.

But, I REALLY love the idea of frozen blueberries. I guess it makes me dumb, but that had never occurred to me. My family just never bought frozen berries, so I only barely knew they came that way. Excellent.
Xtina
Advanced Member

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:38 pm

Yeah frozen fruit and vegitables are healthy convenient and usually not that expensive, as you keep pursuing healthy eating it will become easier and easier.
The only thing you need to do is keep trying.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Feel I should clarify some things in regards to your quote below

"t's hard for me to formulate an answer...on the one hand I agree with you about the increase in vegetable intake. On the other hand, I'm vehemently opposed to the strict avoidance of carbohydrates and dairy. I understand that the simple carbs that I take in are just as bad as eating sugar, but I really try to up my intake of whole grains. My digestive system really needs them. And I'd rather be dead than not eat dairy. "

I am not in any way advocating strict avoidance of carbohydrates, fruits and vegitables are primarily carbs

Your digestive system does not need grains, I am guessing you mean in regards to fiber and in that respect on a calorie per calorie basis fruit and veg are superior. Our digestive systems have been around for millions of years and grains only 10-40k so they are not necessary and there is actually allot of scientific evidence stacking up that they are often unhealthy.

If you want to eat grains that is fine, most people do and you can succeed with them in your diet just want to make sure you have the facts.

The reason I am harping on is that I am advocating a relatively high fat diet without refined carbs this is healthy and natural, but with refined carbs it can be unhealthy please be careful mixing diets.

Allot of times people think they are eating "healthy whole grains" because the cereal box says that but really the third ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, there is a huge difference between slow cook oatmeal and and packaged granola.
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to fitness training