Simplefit.org • View topic - Starting Out

Starting Out

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Starting Out

Postby alibenx » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Hey, I really appreciate the site. I'm just starting to work out again (did the Level 4 - Day 1 today). I've worked with weights regularly in the past and do pushups and crunches occasionally but haven't stuck to a workout plan in a while. I'm not overweight and in decent shape, so I'm working on building muscle rather than weightloss. My idea is to follow your plan and run on the off days (4-8 miles) and then take one day of rest from both each week. I was also thinking I would incorporate a core workout on one of the days. I realize the plan described here does use the core, but I want to target it a little more. Would it be better to do this workout on my pushup/pullup/squat day or my running day? I was thinking it would make more sense to do it with the pushups/pullups/squats so that my core can rest more on my running days. Thanks!
alibenx

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Try both and see what feels better to you.

Let us know how it goes.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby alibenx » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:31 am

I was thinking about it a bit more and I'm thinking of incorporating a core specific workout into the rotations you've laid out rather than do it separately. For starters, I think I'll just try adding crunches or maybe sit ups... With level 4 I'm thinking 6 or 8 in each round for day 1, 15 in each round for day 2, and 41 for day 3. I'll update the thread once I've tried it out or change my plan.
alibenx

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:02 am

That sounds great, let us know how it goes.
Admin
Site Admin

Follow-up

Postby alibenx » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Hey just checking back in. I added sit-ups to the workout like I had planned, and it's been going well. I kind of stopped following the numbers I had originally layed out for reps, and just sort of add some more every few workouts until it feels like the right amount. Really enjoying getting into better shape! Thanks.
alibenx

Return to fitness training