• View topic - Routine change question

Routine change question

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Routine change question

Postby cdoubled05 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:42 pm ... rogram-ii/

I found a really cool weight lifting routine at this site. I really would like to try it out right away. Do you think there is anything wrong with putting simplefit on hold at level 3 and trying this for about two or three months and then coming back to simplefit? I am making progress at the moment, but I really want to feel the burn from weights again.

Postby ucffool » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Don't know where you reside, but with winter coming, it may be a good time for indoor work like that. Simplefit will always be here for you. If you really want the weight lifting, and that will keep you going... go for it. Whatever makes you happy.
mind you, it's not for me, I'm a bit of a purist (and hate the gym), but I don't think anyone here would discourage you from going after what would make you feel better. Besides, we know you'll be back ;-)

Postby braindx » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:46 pm

5x5 squats, front squats and squats might be a bit much. Even starting strength only prescribes 3x5 squats m,w,f.

Otherwise looks fine.

Postby cdoubled05 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:09 am

The squat frequency is as much as the last weightlifting routine I did. Bill Starr's 5x5. However, I have never done front squats and can not even get the barbell in the correct position when I try. I think I am going to give this a shot next Tuesday. I am still going to hang around the forums and what not. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Return to fitness training