Simplefit.org • View topic - Handstand Pushups

Handstand Pushups

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Handstand Pushups

Postby firedepot » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:40 am

Just for kicks, I tried some handstand pushups last night. With the support of the wall, I was able to get in 5 good ones. These are intense, and would be super intense if done unsupported.
firedepot
Advanced Member

Postby splint » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:36 am

I tried these back in July. I had my stomach against a wall and started down for the first rep and smashed my face into the ground.

I haven't tried them since although I probably should. Since I've gained strength and lost over 30 pounds, I shouldn't smash my face again.
splint

Postby Eddie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 am

You might try just doing negative handstand pushups. Kick up into a handstand against the wall (with your back to the wall) and lower yourself to the ground. Fight the gravity. I would think these could be used with the simplefit protocol with a lot of success!

Eddie
Eddie

Postby riot » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:37 am

splint wrote:I tried these back in July. I had my stomach against a wall and started down for the first rep and smashed my face into the ground.

I haven't tried them since although I probably should. Since I've gained strength and lost over 30 pounds, I shouldn't smash my face again.

I'd recommend also that next time you have your back to the wall. Smashing your face in this position will allow you to drop your legs quicker instead of needing to roll onto your back. Makes me cringe imaging how your neck and spine might have contorted when you did that.
riot

Return to fitness training