Is it possible?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

lobo78

Is it possible?

Post by lobo78 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:39 am

Is it actually possible to do Level 8 Day 3 in under 5 minutes? To do it, you would have to do 1 pullup every 2 seconds, 1 pushup every second, and 1 squat every second, without any rest or time for transition. Even elite athletes should have major difficulty pulling this off. Has anyone ever done this?

I'm on Level 5 and I don't see how I'm ever going to be able to move up if I wait until I can do day 3 in under 5 minutes. Shouldn't the goal be different for these upper levels?

Darrel

Post by Darrel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:13 am

I'm kinda wondering the same thing myself (I'm also at L5). However, I don't think that the 5 minute thing was ever meant to be a hard and fast rule, but simply a guideline - plus it makes D3 a bit more of a challenge. If you feel you're ready for L6 or beyond by all means give it a shot, just be sure to listen to your body.

ucffool

Post by ucffool » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 pm

The record for squats by someone here was 25 in 20 seconds, so the timing is possible.

However, once you are getting close to 5 minutes for L8D3, some of the intermediate or advanced versions of simplefit may be in order.