• View topic - Complete Program?

Complete Program?

body weight workout

Moderator: cheapo

Complete Program?

Postby dmacl » Thu May 29, 2008 6:01 pm

I just started simplefit workouts last week. I also have been jogging 3-4 times a week for the last 4 months preparing to start a 16 week marathon training next week.

I'm wondering if the simplefit workout would be considered a complete muscle workout for the average person. By average I mean, I'm in decent shape, 40 years old and still 20 pounds overweight even after losing 30 pounds over the last 4 months. Do I need to add anything to my workouts to supplement or should the pullups, pushups, and squats be enough. My goal is to continue to reduce my bodyfat and at least tone up or ideally increase muscle mass a bit.

Postby splint » Fri May 30, 2008 4:08 am

It depends on what your goals are. If you want to enter a powerlifting contest, then no, it's not a complete program. It also depends on your personal abilities, current fitness level, genetics and recuperative powers.

What level are you starting at and how difficult did you find it? The difference in fitness levels between Level 1 and 8 is quite large. If you work up to Level 8 I dare say that there won't be many people who can call you unfit.

I didn't do anything but Simplefit for 2 months other than some sprint work and lost 30 pounds and 12% bodyfat. Later I added things as I saw fit.

Bottom line is no one can tell you what's best for you, and that's a good thing. Try out Simplefit for a couple months, if you feel like you want to add more, go for it, but be aware of your body and performance and rest when you need to.

Simplefit works all the big muscles of the body so in that fashion, yes I would consider it a complete muscle program. I used to do endless bicep curls and hammer curls and preacher curls :roll: and lat-pulldowns but my biceps and lats have never been bigger than after having included mounds of pull-ups in my workout program

Return to fitness training