Simplefit.org • View topic - fitnfrustrated food log

fitnfrustrated food log

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

fitnfrustrated food log

Postby fitnfrustrated » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:48 pm

Breakfast: 2 homemade waffles (oatmeal, eggwhites, cinnamon), 1/4 apple, 1 cup of non-fat milk

Heed Energy Drink at gym, 2 - 500ml bottles of water

Lunch:
non-fat yogurt (40cal), 1/4 apple, 3 strawberries, handful of carrots, broccoli, and 8 almonds, 1 500ml bottle of water

2 cups of green tea (no sweetener),
1 bottle of water

Supper: 4oz of chicken (with hotsauce), LOTS of steamed broccoli, handful of raw carrots, handful of strawberries and grapes, cup of green tea, one bottle of water

Anywhere I need to improve????? I am totally open to suggestions...
fitnfrustrated

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:08 pm

What are your goals in regard to nutrition?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby fitnfrustrated » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:11 pm

I am not really sure. I can do the workouts, but the nutrition end of it always stumps me. I think that i have a relatively healthy diet, but as for goals, I wouldnt even know where to begin. any suggestions?
fitnfrustrated

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:16 pm

If you are happy with your body comp and have enough energy than why mess? If you want to drop fat and have more energy I would eliminate the refined carbs, and replace them with whole fruits and vegitables.

This is an ideal to shoot fore imho

http://www.simplefit.org/nutrition.html

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Postby volleyball_man » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:58 am

Your one day would be a meal for me. At my size and metabolism - add exercise - and I need a BUNCH of food. I generally try to eat clean, but don't stress too much about amount. I do know that I don't always eat because my body tells me to - but I strive for that.

Iwas so drained yesterdat that I added another 600 - 700 calories to my supper. The way I feel this morning I know I definitely needed it.
volleyball_man

Postby fitnfrustrated » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:50 am

That is awesome the way you listen to your body like that!!!! I wish I was more "in tune" with what my body needs. As for my food log - that is what I typically eat - but yesterday I was "carb loading" for my run today. I always feel a little bloated when I have to do that.

Breakfast: 2 homemade waffles, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, 1/2cup of strawberries, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of green tea

snack: apple, 1/2 whole grain bar, bottle of water

Lunch: 1 cup of brown rice with 1/2tsp of soya sauce, 4oz of wild sockeye salmon, 1 cup of broccoli, some carrots, strawberries and grapes (I had a late lunch as I was out grocery shopping and knew I was going out for an evening of poker...haha), one bottle of water

snack:other 1/2 of the whole grain bar, one bottle of water

In the evening, while playing cards, I heavily snacked on veggies (carrots, broccoli, cucumber, tomatoes, red and green peppers. I also had probably two servings of mixed nuts, and as a treat, a handful of Jelly Belly Beans....yummy! Also drank two bottles of water, a glass of cranberry juice, and a glass of gingerale and cranberry juice.
fitnfrustrated

Postby fitnfrustrated » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:23 pm

Sunday's food log:

Breakfast:

4oz of oatmeal with 4 strawberries - 1/4 cup of milk mixed in, bottle of water

heed energy drink while at gym

Lunch:

3.5oz of wild salmon, 1/2 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of broccoli, bottle of water

Snack:

bottle of water, and 1/2 a large bag of popcorn (went to a movie)

Supper:

This is where it all goes bad :(

Chinese buffet where I had a plate of MSG and grease....yummy...followed up with a sliver of banana cream pie... :oops: oh well, can't be perfect all the time, and 4 glasses of water to try and wash it all away

Snack:

ok, well the day was already blown so I had 4 pieces of twizzlers....Monday is a new day.......
fitnfrustrated

Postby fitnfrustrated » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:35 pm

breakfast:

2 homemade waffles, 2 large strawberries, bottle of water, 2 calcium supplements, multivitamin

heed recovery drink at gym
cup of green tea

lunch:

2 containers of fatfree yogurt with strawberries, snap peas, 10 almonds, bottle of water, cup of green tea

cup of green tea, 8oz glass of water

supper:

2 pieces of roast beef, 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes, spinach and broccoli, glass of water

dessert:

weightwatchers fudgsicle bar (90 cal, 4g of sugar)

Going to another movie tonight - going to try not to have any popcorn though...wish me luck!
fitnfrustrated

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Jerky is a good movie food
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Nutrition