Simplefit.org • View topic - Intermittent fasting

Intermittent fasting

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:52 pm

I go off every Saturday and Sunday not a problem.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bri3626 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:08 am

Interesting side note here.

I stopped the IF for a bit and just went to the standard smaller meals to see if I noticed a difference. Interestingly I've noticed a much quicker progression back into poor eating habits.

I think doing the intermittent fasting actually helped me stay on track a bit. Going to go back to that and see how I do.
Bri3626

Postby Gotti » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:13 am

For those that have done both...how does IF compare to The Zone? I just started doing the Zone a week ago and feel pretty good on it. This IF seems interesting though.

Can anyone offer feedback on both ?
Gotti

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:36 am

I have experienced good results with both, one is not necessarily better than the other. The zone is good because it really makes you aware of portion sizes macronutrient ratios and the quality of carbs. IF is good because it really reduced hunger and is less tedious. Whatever you do I have fund the most important thing to be selecting quality carbohydrate sources (fresh fruit and vegitables) for the bulk of your carb intake. Try both and see what works for you. As a side note even when I IF I usually eat close to zoze macro nutrient ratios during the feeding window.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wil » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:28 am

Let's say that I'm being forced to eat in the morning, and don't have nearly enough time to eat the entire days worth of food. I NEED to eat, I have no choice. Is there anything I can eat that... wouldn't effect the fasting?
Wil

Postby fizzleboink » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:42 am

Ya I just wanted to comment that I generally break the IF on friday nights, and potentially saturday nights. I go out with friends to drink/eat or whatever. I do feel like I take a step back everytime I do this, but I get right back into the IF without too much of a hiccup.

I really need to watch the quality of my carb intake. I'd say half of it is good carbs and the other half.. not so good.
fizzleboink

Previous

Return to Nutrition