Simplefit.org • View topic - question

question

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

question

Postby soulx » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:10 am

Well, its said that nutrition is 50% of achieving your fitness goals.

I'm currently 17 years old, height at 5'8 and weight at 150 pounds. I wanted to start going for your nutrition sample on the site, but alas living in NYC and being on my senior year at HS, I was thinking that some of those meals will be hard to come by (especially when I'm forced to choose my lunch between McDonalds, Dominos and several different Delis ;P).

Anyway, a few questions:
1) Is there a way to replace the foods you had listed with more commonly-found items? Especially for a teenager? and
2) The whole 10am-6pm and IF.. how does all that work exactly? Im a little confused about that.

Thanks!
soulx

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:08 am

You are absolutely right in fact I tend to think proper nutrition is 60-70%

Lets try 1 piece at a time, I think the most important thing to try to eliminate are refined carbohydrates. Maybe try substituting bread for fresh fruit and eliminating all sugar to start out does that sound possible? I would also recommend only drinking water, tea, or and coffee preferably decaf.

Here is an outstanding website http://thepaleodiet.com/index.shtml for further reading.

Intermittent fasting has been shown in many scientific studies to cause many favorable hormonal shifts in the body which can
stabilize blood sugar
add lean muscle mass
aid fat loss
prevent many diseases.

You do not eat less food but the same amount you usually eat during a smaller window of time. So if you only eat during a 6 hr period each day that is 18 hr's each day you are fasting.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_DocSum

Let me know how it goes, if you want you can post to the food log section for feedback

Cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Nutrition