• View topic - John Berardi

John Berardi

Natural Nutrition

Moderator: cheapo

John Berardi

Postby yaki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:42 am

Hey. Have any of you heard of John Berardi? He's a regular contributor over at (check it out if you don't know it, it's great) on nutritional topics. He set up a system of 7 habits of highly effective nutritional programs that I'm following right now. Although they do differ from the simplefit nutritional program, it is quite similar. You can read them here:
What do you think about all of this ?

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:20 am

I have heard mostly good stuff and in reading his article most of what he is saying sounds consistent with what I have personally experienced, except for point one which works great but I have also had great sucess with IF as well.

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).

All in all I think this is very sound advice, and when you think about it it is common sense to paraphrase he is saying "eat natural"
Site Admin

Postby cdoubled05 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:28 pm

I bought JB's Precision Nutrition kit. The only thing I had trouble with was one of the habits required men to eat 40-60 grams of protein each feeding. I use to bring a big cooler to work with me. I pretty much try to follow these guidelines now however, I'm not as strict with the starchy carbs.

Return to Nutrition