Simplefit.org • View topic - I'm in

I'm in

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

I'm in

Postby bige » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Would like to introduce myself to you guys, thought it would be the polite thing to do, so, here goes.

I'm 37, 38 later this year. Weigh between 210 and 215 depending on what I eat. My weight peaked at about 250 a couple of years ago and has been going down slowly since. Been in and out of the gym since I was in high school. Seen some nice progress at times, but never have been able to keep it up. Always end up quitting.

Stumbled across Simplefit awhile ago, seemed like a good plan. Actually found Crossfit first, but there is just no way I can manage that. Simplefit looked like a good place to start.

Finally got around to starting this week. Tried to do it in a park last week but just entirely too self-conscious. Plus it's almost rainy season here (I live in South Korea) and I don't want to use that as an excuse to pass on a workout. Joined a gym, Thursday was my first day. L1D1. Got 10 rounds in 15 minutes before I was unable to do any more pushups. Was using a pullup assist machine that my gym has, assist weight set to 65 kilos (~145 lbs).

Boy am I sore. But I'm also pretty stoked, too.

Anyway. Just wanted to thank Kevin for a great program and a great site, thank everyone else for creating and providing a great community, and to put myself out there and on record as doing this. Maybe that will give me extra pressure to not quit this time.

Big E

oh, and as far as diet, I got a book called "Diet Evolution" by Stephen Gundry. Basically a paleo diet. Followed it last summer and my weight dropped from 230 to about 215, so about 15 pounds, in about 2 months. I know it works.
bige

Postby zorg » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:39 am

Welcome, and a good start!
zorg

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:44 am

Cheers!

I, like you started here to gear up for CrossFit. Feel free to ask me anything.

How tall are you?
volleyball_man

Thanks

Postby bige » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Zorg - thanks and thanks. great start...well, we'll see how great I finish.

volleyball_man - not nearly as tall as you. Only 6' 1". And thanks, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go along. Like when does it stop hurting?

Gotta go to the gym. L1 D2. Too bad my entire upper body still hurts.

Big E
bige

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:31 am

When it stops hurting, you're not working hard enough.
volleyball_man

Postby bige » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Excellent. That's good to know.
bige

Return to fitness community