• View topic - New to this

New to this

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

New to this

Postby modawg531 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:41 am

So I am new to this site. I have been working out and running for over a year, and have only lost 10 pounds! I know a lot of it has to do with my eating habits, which I am now fixing, but I wanted to ask a question...

I started today with the circuit training (day 1-3) on level 3. I was surprised at how quickly I started to feel it. I looked at the workout and was like, I can do this with no problems...hahaha. So my question:

Is it ok to run after these workouts? I love to run, I put on my ipod and just go. I usually use the elliptical machines, because I have an arthritic ankle that doesn't respond well to heavy impact running. I don't want to give up running, but I don't want to mess up this workout plan. So, is it ok? Or should I start running on rest days? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

Postby splint » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:36 am

No one is going to tell you to stop doing something you like to do. Simplefit also has a running program if you want to check that out but it sounds like you are an experienced runner and know what you like.

My only advice would be to listen to your body. Be sure to log your progress. If you seem to be leveling off, you might want to consider alternating your running schedule. Maybe don't run as often or not as far, or whatever, experiment, log, and grow!

Postby modawg531 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 am

thank you.

I have another question though.....If I'm still too sore to work out after 2 days, should I take it down a level, or just work through the pain. Although I will admit that I do hurt way too much to even a attempt to work out again today.

I realize how oblivious I am to this fitness thing, but I really do want to make this program work....I weigh over 270 pounds, and I will be 30 in a couple of months....I'm tired of being overweight, so please bear with me when I post these seemingly ridiculous questions.

Postby volleyball_man » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi! Welcome!

Splint is right - you will get opinions, but you have freedom to ignore them.

If you are carrying too much fat, change your diet.

I work through the soreness now - but in the beginning I took it easy. It really depends on your level/experience...

Return to fitness community