• View topic - New to this site

New to this site

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

New to this site

Postby reddragon » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 am

And I find it great! I am a 51 year old martial artist and since a few years now I have tried all kind off strengthroutines with deadlift, squat etc. etc.
Most off the times I ended up beiing so sore or didnt have any energy left to train my martial arts. I train a group off adults every monday evening so I want to be in as good shape as I can.
So when you read on INternet all these crazy routines, you have to do this, you have to do that etc. etc.
So for a few weeks I dicided to focus on bodyweight exercises only because I like the push-ups, pull-ups and dips etc. But I couldnt find a good starting point.
Now with all these levels, I just start with level 1 and work my way up to 8 (I hope :-) and after that I have seen that there are more challenging routines to.
Thank you very much for keeping it so simple and to share all these information. From now on I am a martial artist who trains only with his bodyweight :-)
Thanks again and keep up the good work.
O, I forgot to say, the workouts are easy to put in my weekly schedule off training martial arts and running etc.
Have only one question, is it okay to do after a bodyweight workout a sprint routine because I want to keep my conditioning good to, so right now I do 1 or 2 sprint sessions a week. That takes me about 20 minutes orso.

P.s sorry for my bad Englisch, I am from Holland.

Re: New to this site

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:49 am

I designed this program the way I did because I come from a martial arts background and wanted something similar to a belt system.

Glad you like it

Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:50 am

Hello Kevin,

it works great, I have just start with day 1 level 1 and manage 37 rounds in good form.
Maybay its better to go some levels up?
And I saw the diffcult exercises such as:

10 lunge
10 Push up
10 pull ups
10 dips
10 l-hang
10 back extensions
10 plank
10 squat
10 hand stand push ups
10 inverted pull ups

But I dont now how you can do 10 plank. Is this in seconds orso?
And what is inverted row?
And last question, what is 10 l-hang?

Okay take care now and keep up the good work. I am alreday hooked on this kind off exercises. I feel great after only one workout :-)

Postby Spidermonkeee » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 am

Just wanted to post somewhere to say that this site is great!!

Return to fitness community