Simplefit.org • View topic - We need more women here

We need more women here

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

We need more women here

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:16 pm

We have had quite a few women here but lost some... I would like to see more women using this site let me know what you girls think.

Also if you have girlfriends invite them to work out here!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby QueenGorgo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:34 am

I was actually surprised by how many women are on the forums! :shock: I thought I would be the only one...
I told my best friend about the program but she's scared to put on any muscle (she bulks up really fast with little effort...and that's not the look she's going for), so she won't be joining any time soon.
I hate to say this... but most of my friends are just too lazy to dedicate themselves to something like this. I think one of my guy friends wants to join, though. He's definitely interested and asks me questions about it every day. I guess that doesn't really help the lady shortage though....
QueenGorgo

Postby samjackson » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:44 pm

Quenn,
If I may, this program is not about bulking up. It is about becoming strong, very strong, on several different levels. This is not a body building program. It is a strength and fitness program. Look at some of the videos of ther crossfit wives. They are not big, but their strength and strength endurance are phenomenal.

What your friend can expect is a lower body fat to muscle ratio and a lean toned look. And, the ability to kick the average man's ass in any strength endurance competition you can imaqine. Tell her to go for it. She has absolutely nothing to lose, and much to gain.
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby QueenGorgo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:03 pm

Jack, I completely get what you're saying about the program. In fact, that's why I love it so much.
I wouldn't "bulk up" from this program. She would. I've known her body for the past 8 years. :wink: She's naturally very muscular and doesn't like to do anything to amplify that look. Don't worry, I still talk to her about it all the time so if she wants to try it, she knows she's welcome to.
QueenGorgo

Postby samjackson » Tue May 22, 2007 11:58 am

I thought it was time to move this to the top. Ladies, where areyou?
samjackson
Advanced Member

Postby Ango » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:45 am

Hi all,

My hubby is a crossfit man and has wanted me to join for a while. The thing is, I don't like exercise for exercise sake. I prefer to dance (used to do 5+ hours of latin dancing in one night at a club - a few glasses of water, trips to the bathroom and maybe 15 min sitting down - a GREAT FUN workout!) So we moved to the boonies and no more dancing in clubs. I prefer to exercise with company...biking, hiking, dancing, swimming in the lake... Hubby and I just made a deal that we will trade 1:1 time ratio for dancing together and workouts. So - he's got me started today on SimpleFit and we had a great time dancing round the living room - hard core merengue is a great cardio warm up!
So - we are going to try this for a while... he has also agreed to try some pilates and bellydance moves (the squats in bellydance are very challenging - involving hip thrusts while squatting). So - here goes - hopefully we will be able to maintain this for the summer and then I'll/we'll be hooked!?!?

I am in not great shape right now - lost the 10lbs I gained after moving here from not dancing - but it has been a rough winter with 2 miscarriages and my body has not been in a good place to be working out with the pregnant, not pregnant, recovering, pregnant, worried about miscarrying, miscarrying... etc... SO - we are on a break to get me back together and this is part of it! I am back up to 160ish (5'7") and I want to not feel like an unfit blob.

Are there any ladies out there just starting or with some tips? Pullups - ha! Tried and did one assisted today - too many mosquitoes as well - will be modifying this part of the workout for now!

Ango
Ango

Postby volleyball_man » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi!

First, welcome!

Next, my wife and I used to do Country/Western and Swing dancing. It is without a doubt a killer cardio workout.

Also, sorry about the rough winter you had.

Last, there are several posts about getting a pullup! Dig around.

Peace!
volleyball_man

Postby ucffool » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Welcome to the community, and try bodyrows as 3:1 alternates for pull ups!
ucffool

Postby aussiechick » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi Ango and welcome!

Sorry to hear about the rough time you have been having. Congrats on having a hubby who will dance and workout with you!! Mine is only interested in horseriding :wink:

I think it is important to try to do some form of substitute for pullups ie bodyrows they really do hit the back etc and balance out the pushups. As VBM said there is plenty of info on modifying them if you search around the site. Lots of us are modifying, if you can do one unassisted it won't take you long to build up from there.

If you decide to start a workout log lots of people will tend to drop by and give ideas and encouragement.

Good luck

Bec
aussiechick

New Girl

Postby legalfiction » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:36 pm

Hey, here's a new girl to simplefit.org! My pullup bar should be here tomorrow, so I can't wait to start on my way to better nutrition and total body strength. Continued good luck to everyone & I will definitely spread the word about the website.
legalfiction

Postby volleyball_man » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:43 pm

Welcome!
volleyball_man

Postby Admin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:13 pm

Hey,

great to have you here!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness community