Simplefit.org • View topic - She can kick my tail.

She can kick my tail.

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

She can kick my tail.

Postby goodluckfox » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:50 pm

I met this girl. (Most stupid ideas start out this way). Anyway, I met this girl. She's considerably younger than me, and has been considering the military. She's MUCH younger than me (I'm 34), and in better shape than I am.

I had the following conversation with her:
[21:06] Me: :boggles
[21:06] Me: 100 chin-ups in 13 minutes.
[21:07] Me: And... all of that is just to START, right? I presume that you've got to get better as time goes on?
[21:08] Her: 100 chin-ups, 100 push-ups and 100 curl ups AND the mile and a half ALL IN 13 minutes. Yea, you HAVE to get better or you don't pass bootcamp. That is why there is prep in DEP.
[21:08] Me: *dies*
[21:08] Her: It can be done. -Smiles.-
[21:08] Me: And YOU can do this????
[21:09] Me: Excuse me... I think you may be stepping in some of my ego. It appears to have melted into a puddle on the floor.
[21:10] Her: -Nods- Yea, I can do it. Relatively easy. Sorry! Lol. I want to stay in good shape. Sorry to step IN your ego.
[21:11] Me: Eh, it's allright. *looks desparingly at the requiremetns*

Right. So, I'm a six foot tall, 210 pound computer geek. I'm not in BAD shape, but I'm a long way from being in good shape. I feel much more motivated now than I have ever been to get fit. I have always wanted to for myself, but this gives me just a bit more incentive, if you know what I mean.

I was looking up the diffrence between chin ups and pull ups (I hadn't known there was one) on Wikipedia, and followed teh link to Body Weight Exercises, and from there found a link to this website. This makes so much sense.

I'm going to start on Monday. What kind of stores sell doorframe pullup bars?
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby MarkusAurelius » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:29 pm

You can get them at Walmart for $15.
MarkusAurelius

Return to fitness community