Simplefit.org • View topic - Taking an unexpected break...

Taking an unexpected break...

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Taking an unexpected break...

Postby riot » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:07 am

Sunday night, while bringing down tubs of Christmas decorations, I fell off the ladder that goes into our attic which resulted in a broken metacarpal in my right hand. Needless to say, I'll be taking a break (haha) from working out while my hand heals. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered by Christmas, but even then I'll just wait until after the New Year before attempting to work out again on a regular basis.
riot

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:41 am

That sucks! I hope you recover fast, eat healthy and sleep allot to speed things along.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby scumdogg » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:04 am

That sucks when setbacks like that happen. Maybe you can do extra walking/running/squatting in the meantime to help keep your spirits up until you're fully healed. You could probably still do crunches and that other exercise, I forget what it's called, where you get into a push-up position but you keep your arms in an L-shape so that you're resting on your elbows and forearms, not your hands. You keep your body straight and hold that position for as long as possible. Someone else here probably knows what it's called.

Good luck and hope you heal fast.
scumdogg

Postby riot » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:58 am

scumdogg wrote:That sucks when setbacks like that happen. Maybe you can do extra walking/running/squatting in the meantime to help keep your spirits up until you're fully healed. You could probably still do crunches and that other exercise, I forget what it's called, where you get into a push-up position but you keep your arms in an L-shape so that you're resting on your elbows and forearms, not your hands. You keep your body straight and hold that position for as long as possible. Someone else here probably knows what it's called.

Good luck and hope you heal fast.

I think it's called the plank.

Thanks...
riot

Postby splint » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Come on, get intense! One-arm sand bag drills! :wink:

that does put a damper on things though doesn't it. Well, better to heal fully than do more damage coming back too soon.
splint

Postby riot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:07 am

splint wrote:Come on, get intense! One-arm sand bag drills! :wink:

that does put a damper on things though doesn't it. Well, better to heal fully than do more damage coming back too soon.

I took my kid to the park Saturday evening and did try a one arm pull up. Yeah, that's not happening for a while. :lol:

Monday, I get the pin removed from my hand and hopefully only have to wear a brace for a few weeks. This caste is really getting on my nerves.
riot

Postby riot » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Got the pin removed this morning. Didn't really hurt when the doc took out the pin, but my fingers are really stiff. Be a couple weeks until I have full mobility most likely. Glad to have my caste off though. I don't have to wear a splint or brace at all, so I'm happy about that too. Still planning to wait until January before starting back full on.

Thanks for any good thoughts/prayers sent my way...
riot

Postby ucffool » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Good to hear it is doing so well! Thanks for the picture, wowsers!
ucffool

Return to fitness community