Simplefit.org • View topic - Vanity

Vanity

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Vanity

Postby volleyball_man » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:22 am

I swam - first time since May. Interesting to see how I did. Those of you who swim will likely agree that there's not a lot you can do to keep your ability up other than swim. While swimming supports lots of other activities, I always thought that was a one way street - generally speaking.

Well, the functional fitness stuff I've been doing (previously simplefit and currently crossfit) has proven me wrong! I swam like I haven't been away from it. I felt amazing!

Here's where the title of the topic comes in:

Before I went into the pool area, I was in the changing room. There was a 60 - something retired gentleman getting dressed to leave. When I removed my shirt, he said "Let me guess: triathlete? right?" Well, needless to say, I took it as a compliment. After I got home - I took a good look in the mirror. I have changed since May. I am not focused on my appearance as my main motivator. I really am staying active to benefit my health. Another important goal for me is staying in shape to play with my kids (and frighten their suitors!). Anyway, it was definitely nice to stop and think about the goal of "Look good naked..." even though I have fallen for focusing on that in my youth.

So - two things to take away: 1) This stuff works from a fitness point of view and 2) This stuff works from a look good point of view.

How do you deal with vanity? As I mentioned, using it as a main motivator always results in a crash and burn for me...
volleyball_man

Postby ucffool » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:13 pm

I said it before and I will say it again.. I want you to look good naked, I just don't want to see it!
ucffool

Return to fitness community