Simplefit.org • View topic - Jillian Michaels

Jillian Michaels

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Jillian Michaels

Postby firedepot » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:15 am

I'm a huge fan of The Biggest Loser, and love Jillian. It seems to me that most of her workout plans are short, intense movements, with intense cardio. Any of you guys watch also?
firedepot
Advanced Member

Postby tkbslc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:27 am

I watched with the mrs. last night. I am not a big fan of how they try to put up such big numbers every week. I do not feel it is healthy to lose 5 pounds a week, much less 10+ like they do some weeks. The trainer guy was really upset at the one team that only lost 3 pounds each. 3 pounds is a LOT of fat. I feel bad for normal fat people that watch the show and get discouraged at only half or one pound a week, when really that is awesome.
tkbslc

Postby splint » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:01 am

I watch parts of that show. I'm starting to get annoyed at how they cut to commercial right before something important. I understand WHY they do it but I find it annoying.

I like Jillian as well.

I often wonder about the weightloss myself, I mean, I'm sure these people gain muscle during their time there as well. But I'm thinking that these people are so overweight that 5-7 pounds a week isn't that unhealthy. I know that when I weighed in at 212, the first two weeks where I made a real effort I lost 10 pounds, then I lost 6 pounds the next week and 4 the next. I was around 190 after two months. Then it really started to slow down to 1-2 pounds per week. I imagine if I weight 300 pounds I could get 7 pounds a week pretty regularly for 6 months.
splint

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 am

Jillian Michaels is hot!

I killed my TV years ago but if I had one I would probably watch her.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to fitness community