Simplefit.org • View topic - SimpleFit ONLY!

SimpleFit ONLY!

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

SimpleFit ONLY!

Postby zachh85 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:27 am

How many people here do ONLY SimpleFit? I want to know how long you've been doing it and your progress. I'm talking about people who do nothing else during the week. No jogging on T, Th. No running for 30 min. after SimpleFit on M, W, F. JUST SimpleFit. I want to know starting stats as far as weight, height, age, sex. I also want to know starting max and current max as far as pull ups, push ups, and squats. I thought this would be interesting to see. Thanks!

Anyone?
zachh85

Postby ucffool » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:21 pm

I think in some ways its hard.. once you become active, you want to do more. I started doing just simplefit, but then it was a little walking or jogging, and when I get back into it, tennis.
ucffool

Postby splint » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 am

Yeah, that's what I experienced. I have always lifted weights but mostly bodybuilding routines you see in Muscle & Fitness-type magazines. When I decided to try Simplefit, I had a suspicion that the bodybuilding type training routines weren't for your average joe looking to get in shape, and I found out their not.

I chose Simplefit to "break down" the fitness process into the simplest exercises available to me, the push-up, the pull-up and the bodyweight squat. I did just Simplefit for about two months, lost the bulk of my excess fat and gained a bunch of muscle. Once that happened I slowly added exercises back in because I was getting fit and had more time in the gym since dropping the isolation exercises. Plus I enjoy working out now.

There is no doubt in my mind though if the basic Simplefit program is all you did because of time/other interests you would be damn fit. I mean, is there someone out there who's going to tell me that someone who does Level 8 as a fitness routine every week isn't fit? Bullshit.
splint

Re: SimpleFit ONLY!

Postby zorg » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:24 am

zachh85 wrote:How many people here do ONLY SimpleFit?

I started out maybe five or six months ago at Lvl1. I'm 180cm, male, 31, and had something like 80kg, I guess.

Today, I'm at Lvl5. When I last checked my weight (two or three months ago), I had lost about 8kg. It's possible that I've gained weight since then; I've definitely gained more muscle.

I do nothing but simplefit (exercise-wise - I still have other hobbies ;) ). While I don't do weeks off or easy weeks, I usually have a one week break every six to eight weeks, when Real Life prevents me from doing my routine.
One thing I've added is that I make my squats harder by using dumbbells.

When I started, I managed one or two pull-ups without having to take a break. Now I can do 9 or 10 in a row.

I've also adjusted my diet, though I'm far from strict. I've reduced, but not eliminated carbohydrates. More importantly, I've gotten used to have breakfast.

I had planned to start Tai Chi, just for fun, but my current job makes that a bit difficult, time-wise. So it's just sf for now.
zorg

Postby taylor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Zorg, I do tai chi in addition to SF (and some lite running) - have done it for going on 13 years, after it was recommended for a back injury. Can't recommend it enough, I do it once nightly before bed and it's the shizzle.

Doesn't really do much by way of getting you fit (at least not how I do it) - but it's great as a wind-down for the day, killer relaxing and, peripherally, is good for "nervous" ailments like IBS and general stress. If I miss a day now, I feel out of sorts the next. Odd.

Sorry, not trying to bogart the SF-only topic here, just thought I'd chime in w/2c...
taylor
Advanced Member

Postby zorg » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:36 pm

taylor wrote:Zorg, I do tai chi in addition to SF (and some lite running) - have done it for going on 13 years, after it was recommended for a back injury. Can't recommend it enough, I do it once nightly before bed and it's the shizzle.

Well, I started with boxing instead... Tai Chi is only offered in the morning around here, and I gotta get to work pretty early. Boxing is in the evening, which is much easier for me.

Anyway, both are martial arts, right? ;)
zorg

Postby taylor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 pm

Did boxing too for a while. Never worked out so hard in my life - an hour of 3 minutes on, 1 minute off is brutal. Time I'd get in the ring to spar, it was spaghetti-arm time.
taylor
Advanced Member

Return to fitness community