Simplefit.org • View topic - Tour de France

Tour de France

body weight exercise community

Moderator: cheapo

Tour de France

Postby changeup » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:58 am

Anyone else out there addicted to Le Tour de France? Yes I know about the doping and all that (I covered doping for years)... but I still love to watch.

Any predictions?
changeup
Advanced Member

Postby Urup » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:05 pm

'I would say Valverde or Frank Schleck and maybe Evans. But I do miss Lance Armstrong in the peleton..
Urup

Postby changeup » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:13 pm

I wouldn't argue with those... especially after Valverde's win today. But how will he stand L'Alpe d'Huez.? And I am going to miss the sprinters on the time trials...especially Robbie McEwen's antics.
changeup
Advanced Member

Postby Urup » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:24 am

I think he will do well on L'alpe d'huez and so will the Schleck brothers I think.. but a crazy ride on todays race near the end.. there were some pretty nasty crashes.. But I an looking forward to tomorrows time trial.. who is your favorite for the tour? and for tomorrow?
Urup

Postby changeup » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 am

Overall I love Cadel and Mr V. Yesterday was amazing. The French must have gone crazy. I watched the interview with Will Frischkorn. He was right... he was little cautious going in to the final 750m.

I don't like Millar, but of course, he is always a favourite for time trials. I do like Fabian Cancellara.

Gotta go.. the times trials are starting live now

Check this out.

http://maps.google.com/maps/mpl?ie=UTF& ... =6&layer=c
changeup
Advanced Member

Postby Urup » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:03 am

Yes Cancellara is great but too bad about Cancellara on the time trial. I thought he would have done better.. Not sure what I think about Miller.. But I got him on my tour manager team :) (http://tourmanager.tv2.dk/spille.php/forside)
Cadel rides little too defensibly for my taste but he is a great rider for sure and I think he might win... him or Valverde..

Nice feature on Google maps... 8)
Urup

Postby ucffool » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:13 pm

watching it with great fervor... what a great race this year (and I knew ricco was dopeing the day he took off on the mountain without a second thought or pause).
ucffool

Postby changeup » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Turns out Ricco got nabbed because the manufacturer of the drug, Roche Pharmaceuticals, put a tracer molecule in it. That is something the testing agencies, esp WADA, has been calling for.

Masking agents can't hide it.

Must be some nervous Olympians reading this news!

Getting up early to watch L'alpe d'Huez.
changeup
Advanced Member

Return to fitness community