Simplefit.org • View topic - DuManchu's Log

DuManchu's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: DuManchu's Log

Postby DuManchu » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:54 am

L4D1 - 27 Rounds

Really kinda got lax at the end of the week and skipped cardio on Thursday and slept in on Friday and missed SimpleFit L4D3.

No matter, got back on the horse and kicked ass this evening. I could have gotten maybe 1-2 more rounds, but I went pretty hard. I threw in some diamond push ups for the last 10 rounds, those really kicked my ass.
Last edited by DuManchu on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuManchu

Postby DuManchu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm

L4D2 - Skipped due to injury

Tweaked my shoulder on Monday somehow, I'm thinking I didn't warm up well enough before L4D1 and I'm now paying the price. I can do push ups just fine, but I can't complete a pull up without a quite a lot of pain. I believe it's just a strained tendon or something in my shoulder because the pain subsides after I use the shoulder for a while.

Either way, it's best to just count my losses and let the shoulder heal. Going to have to remember to warm up more thoroughly next time.
Last edited by DuManchu on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuManchu

Postby DuManchu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Just wanted to catch up a little bit since I hurt my shoulder.

Did L4D1 on Tuesday last week, got in 24 rounds taking it pretty easy. Ended up doing L4D3 on Thursday to see if I was ready for L5. Did L4D3 in 4:43.

LEVEL UP!!!

L5D1 - 20 Rounds

Got in a solid 20 rounds yesterday, definitely don't think I could have done much more. I could barely muster the strength for the pull ups at the end, though I suppose that's the point. Hoping to get 21 or more rounds next week, we'll see!
DuManchu

Postby DuManchu » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 am

L5D2 - 7:20 (August 10th, 2011)

A little bit slower than I had expected, oh well. I suspect I'll improve this dramatically over the next two weeks or so, or at least I HOPE I do. Part of the reason it took me longer is I switched to incline push ups instead of regular push ups and I made sure I had near perfect form. The inclines really kicked my butt this session, but I'm hoping for faster gains with them over standard push ups.

This is the first time in a while I feel totally beat after a SF workout, but it's a good feeling.

I'm sure I'll have a similar time for day 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L5D3 - Untimed (August 12th, 2011)

Pull up breakdown - 11, 6, 4, 5
Push up breakdown - 33, 10, 8

Had to shove this workout in over my lunch break and forgot to time my efforts. Doesn't really matter, I think I was in the 7 minute range which is well above the 5 minute "level up" mark. Pull ups were better, but I was unable to do more than 11 in a row, it seems to be a number I'm stuck at. Next week I WILL get at least 12 in a row on day 3.
DuManchu

Previous

Return to workouts