• View topic - Jigg's Log

Jigg's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Jigg's Log

Postby Jiggs » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Day 1 Lvl 1: 38 Rounds

Also got in an 8.5 km jog/sprint before I tried this.

Just a bit about me. 51, male, Canadian, Been on my fitness journey for a little over 4yrs. Majority of my workouts are made up by myself about an hour before I do them. Most if not all of my workouts had a mix of resistance via Kettlebells, dumbbells and body weight as well as a cardio component from sprints to jogging to hiking with a weighted vest.

At 47 I was 237lbs (I am 5 11) with a 42 inch waist and in horrible shape. Decided to smarten up and now I am at 178, 30 inch waist and no plans on stopping anytime soon. Realized that fitness is a life long commitment and that the commitment is 90% of staying on track.

I've been looking for something different &'simplistic to try and stumbled across this and said, what the heck. Still battling the temptations of food - junk food, so thank goodness Christmas is over. So, hello, good to be here and we will see how this goes.

Just a question, do a lot of you do other things on the days inbetween, eg, run, sprint, jog, wal, hike?

Re: Jigg's Log

Postby wwitzel3 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Welcome to the fold! Great to see another person starting up. I just started week 2 along side a C25K program and I am really loving it. 38 rounds is awesome! I just managed to eek out 34 rounds on L1D1, but this is my second week doing it.

M-W-F / Simple Fit
Tu-Th-Sa / C25K

Postby Jiggs » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm

NICE! I'm planning on sticking with some sort of cardio as well on my off days. Prob a mixture of everything.
Thanks for the welcome!

Postby KTG » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:13 am

38 rounds is a terrific start. You'll move up a couple of levels pretty quickly. Be assured, it will get tougher.

I also focus on cardio stuff in between, but I also try to do some more pull-up work on my D1's and more push-up work on my D2's. Lately, I've been throwing a little misc. gym work in as well. Simplefit serves as the driving motivation. I do some of the other stuff hoping it will help with my Simplefit times.

Return to workouts