Simplefit.org • View topic - Questions on goals and next level!

Questions on goals and next level!

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Questions on goals and next level!

Postby inihccor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 am

Hi guys, I started two weeks ago the training and I really like it, but I have two questions:

1- I'm not fat, I just want to build some muscles (but I don't care if it will take one week or ten years ^^). Are those workouts ok for my goal?
2- I didn't understand when I have to move to the next level. On the site is written "if the workouts takes less than 5 minutes", but what does it means? 5 minutes for one workout in Day 2 or 5 minutes for all the exercises in day 2 (or maybe Day 3)? I'm so confused :P

Thanks and excuse me for my bad english :)
inihccor

Re: Questions on goals and next level!

Postby KTG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:46 am

5 minutes for day 3. On day 3 do all of the pull-ups, then all of the push-ups, then all of the squats. If you can do that in less than 5 minutes, level up.
KTG

Postby inihccor » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:14 am

thanks man...and what about the first question?
And I have another doubt...I can easily do Day 3 (in the first level) in less than 5 minutes but...at level 5 (and in the higher ones) it's almost impossible to complete the workout in 5 minutes!
inihccor

Postby cheapo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Level 5 isn't so bad. Beating Levels 6 and 7, on the other hand, is challenging.
cheapo

Postby KTG » Fri May 04, 2012 7:06 am

As to question 1, it will certainly build muscle, although if you are looking for the bulked-up look, it probably isn't the optimal program. Cheapo, of course, is a great example of the potential effects. I suspect there some genetic stuff in there, and age may make a difference. I'm a bit behind Cheapo on the program, but don't have anything like his level of muscle definition.

The real measure of muscle is strength. When I started this program a year ago, I never would have thought I could get to the point where I was doing 80 pull-ups 130 push-ups and 208 squats in a twenty minute workout. It just takes 20 minutes three times a week, doesn't require a gym membership or any costly equipment, and it's graded enough to have kept me injury-free for the year. So, I'm a pretty satisfied customer.
KTG

Return to workouts