• View topic - Practicing's Log

Practicing's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Practicing's Log

Postby Practicing » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks for the post. I'm definitely doing them correctly. I've been schooled many times on squats and I take pride in my form. I am going deeper down than that suggests but I'm not sure that that would be an issue.

I actually adjusted my form after the first 2 weeks. I was pointing my toes straight because that was what I was used to when doing weighted squats and found a lot of advice saying I should angle them.

Postby Practicing » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 am

I decided to slow down on the squats given the knee problems that I was having but didn't know what to do with push ups and pull ups. So I decided to modify and did 2 pull ups followed by 4 push ups. My goal was 12 sets and I was pretty winded by the end. I did not keep time but I know I did the last 3 sets in a period of 3 minutes (checked with my music to be sure).

I did some light work on the knee that was bothering me including light bike work and near zero-weight leg extensions (for those I did about 25 reps spread over two sets and held at the top as long as I could).

Postby KTG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 am

Gotta be careful about the knees. See a doctor and go easy until you're sure it's going to be OK. It's no good to be great at pull-ups but have to use the walker to get to the gym.

For my knees I've found they do better if I'm doing a variety of exercises, especially mixing bicycling and running.

Good luck!

Return to workouts