Simplefit.org • View topic - Sean_x's log

Sean_x's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Sean_x's log

Postby sean_x » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:31 am

My first attempt at the simplefit L1D1, it felt good, worked up a sweat. Suprised me that I felt it in the legs more than the biceps though, and would say my squats tired first, followed by chinns, then push ups.

L1D1 = 56 rounds

I managed the full 20 minutes and was wanting to carry on but I used to be a sucker for overtraining so stopped. Each exercise was super-strict, stopping only for sips of water. I feel I could have moved through the 3 exercises quicker if I had floor space with a chinning bar directly above nothing but floor, but as my present training area is, I have to chinn-up on a lat-pulldown bar sitting on its storage hooks at the top of the machine, the uber-strict and slow reps are even more crucial so I don't get too close to the hooks and tear a nostril :shock: on the way down! I do this exercise from a kneeling position with each knee hanging off the sides of the seat so I can start from a dead hang. Having to carefully release the bar so it does'nt fall off the hooks, then step over the seat and into push-up position wasted time, as did getting back into position for the next round, but overall it felt like a great workout and I thourghly enjoyed it.

I'll have my chinning bar at home in a position where I can drop off it and straight into push-ups, but for the moment I have to make do with what I have here as I'm offshore with a cramped and crowded little gym.
sean_x

Re: Sean_x's log

Postby brmc72 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:55 am

Welcome! Great day 1 performance...sounds like you'll blast through the first few levels!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby Pilgrim1312 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Impressive dedication! I have had to improvise pull-up areas also. I have used I beams in fire escapes, luggage carts in hotels, playground equipment, rafters and doors. One thing great about this program is the portability. Welcome aboard and great work!
Pilgrim1312
Advanced Member

Postby sean_x » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:18 am

L1D2 total time 1min 39 secs (19.8 secs/round average, but performed as one set due to 'protecting my place' in the gym, so others didn't get in the way).
L1D3 time 1min 16secs (chinn ups in the garage on an I-Beam). Felt like a good and quick workout!

Unfortunately been some time between posts as I've been worked to death - travelling - then on holidays with the kids. I regressed a little and fitted in a more regular type workout of bodyweight exercises too - oops. Doing too much is still my problem... and I have to remember what Mentzer once said about it, "if you're one of those who like to exercise and end up overtrained, then try to exercise restraint", or something on those lines.

Cheers for the encouragement guys, like you Pilgrim1312, I've been enjoying finding places to exercise but I find myself not going the whole hog in playgrounds though, as about 10 years ago I was in a village for a couple of months and would go jogging to a quiet play area and do some exercises there before jogging back to my hotel. A rather nasty work collegue caught onto this and made some snide remarks which could have put me in a real bad light, so I avoid those places unless with my kids of course.

Looking forward to L2D1 :P

~Sean
sean_x

Postby KTG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:22 am

Welcome on board.

That's a terrific start. You'll be up in the L4/L5 range in no time. Staying strict on form makes it particularly impressive.

Nice work!
KTG

Postby sean_x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks KTG. I'm a stickler with form (as you are - from your first page of logs), it's way too easy to get hurt when 'loose', and it's just cheating oneself.
sean_x

Postby sean_x » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:40 pm

L5D1 (14-04-13) = 22 rounds
L5D2 (19-04-13) = 1.12, 1.12, 1.02, 1.03, 1.03 total = 5mins 32secs
L5D3 (21-04-13) = 4mins 35secs

I skipped up to L5 to try to find where I 'fit in' better. Seems this suits me more, and I felt nicely invigorated after each session. All exercises done in garage, pull-ups on an I-beam.
L5D2, suprisingly consistent times and got quicker and smoother as my joints warmed-up.
L5D3, not enough rest since L5D2 as biceps still felt quite tired, should have had a couple more days off. Took a few rests during the pull-ups (and alternated pull-up overhand grip with chinn-up underhand grip) and three short rests during the push-ups, and all the movements were about as quick as I could actually do them without momentum coming into play. :P
sean_x

Postby KTG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:39 am

Fantastic! Right on to level 6. Great work!

I'm at about the same place on L5D1 and D2, but have quite a way to go for D3.
KTG

Postby sean_x » Sat May 18, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks KTG.

L6D1 (11-05-13) = 21 rounds
L6D2 (13-05-13) = 9mins 2secs
L6D3 (18-05-13) = 5mins 55secs

D1 and D2 were done in a rubbish little gym with no chin-up facility, so pull ups were performed horizontally on a bar over the bench. Felt that I halved my resistance, so doubled the reps for the pulls on these two days.
On D3 the pulls were performed under a bunk bed, feet raised on a chair - not ideal at all, but I did'nt double the reps this time as 32 seemed plenty.
Pulls and pushes on D3 were intterupted with several rest/pauses.
I enjoyed the push ups, got a good 'pump' from them!
sean_x

Postby sean_x » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 am

Time to post some embarrassing photos. I did'nt really want to post them, but I had a look back and saw how chubby I was in these pics - I'd forgotten over time! I took the pics when I made a decision to loose the fat and get in shape - as it may be the 'last chance' (so I told myself). I had been 10 lbs fatter a few years earlier than the 'before pics' too, it took a couple of months to put it on and literally years to get it back off! Over that time I wasnt following any kind of plan for diet or exercise, just lifting some pretty hefty weights, one set per movement, and messing about just a little bit with cardio.

First a couple of pics from March 2010. I was about 95.5kg 210 lbs back then:
Last edited by sean_x on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sean_x

Postby sean_x » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 am

Here I am this month (June 2013), 3 years and 3 months after the photos above.
Suprised myself today when looking at these pics, the fat has peeled off inperceptibly slowly.
I've still got some weight loss to go, and am 85kg, 187 lbs right now.
Didn't do anything special except eat less (especially less of the high calorific foods). Probblem is that I LOOOOVE food, and would just stuff myself till I couldn't move. I find it very hard not to overeat still, but if possible I start-off a meal with a pile of salad to fill the hole a bit, and try to stay off the sweet stuff. Oh, and no supper within a couple of hours before bedtime (that's also stopped my acid reflux occurring when I'm sleeping - so double bonus!)
I move about more too these days, walk more and have 2 kids that keep me really busy!
sean_x

Return to workouts