• View topic - Colen's Log

Colen's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Colen's Log

Postby DR03K » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 am

Reading through your workout logs have been a real inspiration. Awesome work.
I'm into my 3rd attempt at simplefit and plan on taking it to level 8 this time.

Initially I was mixing grips and hand positions for pullups and push ups... but just wanted to ask what has worked for you?

I see that you stuck with regular good form pushups with elbows tucked in .. These I find alot harder than close and wide, but generally feels like my chest gets a better workout from them. Would you suggest mixing it up or perfecting the volume with reg? I guess the end gane is level 8, so if it means that my mixing it up is detrimental then it would be good to hear your thoughts with this?

Also, are you doing underhand or overhang grip pullups? If overhand, do you feel that your biceps get worked at all? I've always favoured chins due to the greater emphasis on engaging biceps.

Cheers Dan.

Postby colen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:08 am

Week 22

Level ONE DAY TWO: Time 03:36
Rounds: 00:42, 00:48, 00:41, 00:42, 00:43

Pull-ups eight were chin over bar, Push-ups were mostly good but left shoulder got lazy on last push-up on last two Rounds, Squats seemed ok but hard to judge yourself.

Re: Dan's post

Push-ups,do whatever works. I favor the tucked elbows because I think you develop faster. (usually). I use overhand grip for Simplefit (If by underhand you mean palms facing you I would call that Chins).

As far as Level Eight, If I reach it at my age (75) I doubt if I could complete Day Three in Five minutes, I would be very happy with ten minutes if my form was good.

Postby colen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 am

Week 33

Back to it

Took a long time to start my recovery from the last MS relapse.

I lost all upper body strength, I looked ok but no way could I pull my chin over the bar. I was also hungry as hell so managed to gain about fifteen pounds which makes it harder to lift the body mass.

Day ONE 33 rounds and I was pooped

Day Two 3 Minutes 21 seconds with long rests between rounds of 40, 35, 42, 44, and 40 seconds

Day three 5 Minutes 10 seconds which went Pull-ups 5, 2, 1, 1, and 1: Push-ups 10, 6, and 5 Squats 21

Form: No clue I was to busy gasping for air.

I will play with level one until I can do ten Pull ups, I hope I can get the 21 push-ups in 2 -3 weeks

I also have to start reading logs to catch up with the site goings on

Postby chongtxtx » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Good job atarting back up. I know all to well how hard it is to get back to the work once you have been away for awhile. I am sure you will catch the bug again and be consistent and make great progress. Have a great day!
Advanced Member

Return to workouts