Simplefit.org • View topic - Goodluckfox's log

Goodluckfox's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Running report.

Postby goodluckfox » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:58 pm

God that is such a misnomer. All i did was pretty much walk. I think I set a new record for slow. But I still went the whole distance.

5k/4laps/3miles 51:04
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby aussiechick » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:04 pm

Hey, I'm view no. 5001 for your log!

Not to worry about the slow day, we all have those.

Bec
aussiechick

Postby goodluckfox » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:32 am

I"m the other 4999. :)

I just wish it were worth reading. :) It'd be nice if it showed a tail of deterimination against the odds, etc... but it's more like I'm just muddling through, making gradual, but not spectacular process.

I'm still on Level 2 after 12 weeks after all.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby volleyball_man » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:52 am

I just wish it were worth reading.

Horse Feathers!

What you and I have done with our muddling through is to get pullups! People who come here and don't have the drive to continue NEED to see what we did!

Sorry for the rant - but give yourself some deserved credit.
:D
volleyball_man

Postby jdog_ramone » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:28 am

yah fox, I always check your log. your story's most inspiring.
jdog_ramone

Postby goodluckfox » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:19 pm

W11 L2D3 13/26/26 pullups/pushups/squats, no cheating

5:05.

I am almost there. Next week I will prolly come in under 5 minutes.

I noticed that this time it was pushups that were the sticking point; I had the pullups done QUICK.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby jdog_ramone » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:29 pm

yah, funny, that's starting to happen to me too...pushups are starting to stick. I guess 'cause by the time you're done the pullups you're starting to get pretty fatigued...
jdog_ramone

Postby goodluckfox » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:29 pm

Those first 8 pushups are no problem. The next 4 are kind of hard. From then on, it's a struggle to do 2 in a row.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby Hosedragger » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:29 pm

Hey fox,

I gotta ditto jdog, I always check your log, but I don't always say something encouraging. I tend to lurk and not say much. But I'll shout out more often now; I know I enjoy it when people post on my log.

And, hey, I remember when you were asking me about how many pullups I could do, and now you just ripped off 13 in a row!! I am so jealous! I still haven't gotten 10 straight, but I moved on to L3 anyway. I feel like such a poser. Good work!
Hosedragger
Advanced Member

Postby goodluckfox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:39 pm

*crawls in and died*

I just ran 1.5 miles in 23:14. In full sunlight, wearing hiking boots, because my snearkers suffered a blowout from too much running. I literally beat them to death.

The beginning of law school, and the resulting workload has piled up on me. Coupled with depression issues, feeling unwanted by the ladies (and growing more unwantable every moment), and even my goldfish dying sort of kicked me into a tailspin. I have felt like utter crap. Depressed is not the same thing as sad.

Was I working out because I felt good? Or did I feel good because I was working out?

Anyway, A FREAKING MONTH AGO, I was almost ready to beat Level Two. I've prolly still got the physical strength to do the pullups, but my heart isn't in it right now.

Back to L2D1 tomorrow evening. Stay tuned.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby goodluckfox » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:52 pm

Weak 12. L2D1 1/3/4 pullup/pushup/squat

27 in 20 minutes. I think that's a new record. I did have to dial back the pushups to girl style halfway through, though.

In the four weeks or so that I've been "off the wagon", my weight hasn't changed, and I don't think I've lost much strength. Thank heavens for small favors.

Missed you guys.

I'm gonna level up on Friday, I just know it.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby goodluckfox » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:48 am

1.5 miles. 22:40. That's about a 30 second improvement over last time.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Postby kdo463 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:30 am

GLF, I just came back from time off myself. It's not easy to jump right back in. Your numbers are still looking strong, though. I think a level up might be what you need to catapult you a bit, if you think you are ready. We're definitely pulling for you.
kdo463

Postby goodluckfox » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:32 pm

Running report: New rocrd!

Boy howdy!

1.5 miles. 18:39

I really REALLY pushed myself. I do not look forward to trying to beat this time next time I run.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

Re: Goodluckfox's log

Postby goodluckfox » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Okay, so Thread Necromancy Time.

I started Simplefit in June 2007 before my last year of law school. I also started running on the Couch To 5 K program.

I was only on Level 2, but I graduated from body rows to dead hang sho-nuff fer real pullups. My belly was down to 40 inches. I weighed 198 pounds. I had an official 5k time of 45 minutes and change. Things were looking great! I was getting so much support and encouragement and advice from the denizens of the Simplefit community.

And then my last year of law school and untreated depression reared its ugly head. I fell off the wagon in September, made a try to get back on in October 2007, and then that was it. Poof. I was gone from here.

Life goes on. Between then and now a number (well, even ZERO is a number I guess, but it was more than that at least) of girls came and went. I graduated, passed the Bar on the first try, and got a good job with the Federal Goverment, and got married.

This past Saturday, November 24th, I turned 40. This is a Big Deal(tm).

I weigh 216 and a half pounds per my balance beam scale. I am 44 inches around at the belly. I experienced a bulging L5-S1 disc and had a microtubular diskectomy back in May and even now I'm still not 100 percent recovered. Everything still hurts and I feel week, and being a bit heavier than I need to be isn't helping.

I need help and encouragment and support. I can feel myself getting older and more decrepit and weaker. It would be sooooo easy to just give up, eat unhealthy food, and decompose until an early death like my father at age 57. The belly... it KILLS. I'm in Mississippi. I know.

I don't know what I can do, or how hard I can push, or what, due to this whole back thing. For sure the pushups are gonna have to be girl style and I'm gonna be SLOW.

Somebody tell me that only gaining 4 inches, and 18 pounds over 5 years isn't so bad. Please!

Tomorrow starts W1L1D1. Wish me luck.
goodluckfox
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to workouts