Simplefit.org • View topic - Moizkader's log

Moizkader's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Moizkader's log

Postby moizkader » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:54 pm

W2L1D3: 6:58

All pull ups subbed with chair. Push ups subbed after 12.
moizkader

Postby wwitzel3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:59 pm

moizkader wrote:I find if I rush and dont pay attention I tend to push more with my legs than pull up with my arms. Might explain why I did round 5 quicker than round 4. The push ups are hard on my shoulders, thats where I reach failure but hopefully it'll all improve over time.

It is a good point and though I know you are suposed to do the D3 exercises in order, if you do all the squats first, it almost forces you to use less leg when you are doing assisted pull-ups with a chair.

Great work though! Keep it up!
wwitzel3

Postby moizkader » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 pm

That's a great point, I might give that a try.
moizkader

Postby moizkader » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 am

W3L1D1: 20 rounds.

Not a numerical improvement on last week but still significant. I did a number of slow drops this time, not just chair assisted pull ups and it was at least round 14 or 15 before I had to start subbing the push ups. Both those factors slowed things down timewise. It's slow going but I'm going to have to take the "it's a marathon not a sprint" mindset.
moizkader

Postby moizkader » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:51 am

W3L1D2:
1:30
1:34
1:58
1:35
1:45
Total: 8min 22sec

Managed the first 3 sets with neg pull ups but had to go back to the chair for the last two as I was just collapsing by the end of the third set. Managed to do all the push ups properly though the last couple were through gritted teeth. The challenge set for now is to complete a day doing all negs, a stepping stone to my first pull up.
moizkader

Postby moizkader » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:21 pm

W3L1D3: 10min 33sec

Ok, much much slower than last week but every pull up was a neg, no chair subbed ones at all (though a couple were a bit weak admittedly) and did all the push ups properly, no subbed ones there either. The last few of those push ups were killer though and I have to say I am not really sure how low I got myself but I was trying to stay conscious of my form.

All in all I'm happy, in no rush to move up a level as I can see I have a long way to go yet.

Thanks all.....watching everyone here is an inspiration and a great motivation.

M
moizkader

Postby moizkader » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Hey guys.

Well, today was a strange day for me. It's is the start of week 4, a lower level week, but as I'm on L1 it's harder to go any lower so I wasn't sure what to do. I knew if I did nothing then I could slip back into bad habits so I thought I'd do D1 but not push myself, take it easy.

Problem is I felt like I really struggled. I did 14 rounds (last week I did 20) and I started off with all neg pull ups but could only manage 12 rounds of them, physically couldn't do any more so went back to chair assisted at the end. That actually got me down a bit, felt like a step backwards. I'm not sure if it is because on Monday I did my entire D3 workout with negs and maybe one day rest wasn't enough recovery time? I also feel the aches in my biceps, triceps and shoulders but very very little in my back and I wonder if my form on the neg pull ups is poor and that I'm not working my back much.

The only positive I suppose is the the push ups felt good, getting harder towards the end but nothing I couldn't handle. Think I could have managed another 4 or 5 rounds of push ups.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day over. I think I'm going to give myself some recovery time and leave my D2 until either Saturday or Sunday, depending on how I feel.

W4L1D1: 14 rounds

Thanks all.
moizkader

Postby Benhamine » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:13 pm

It's possible that while trying to not push yourself you did the negs slower? This would actually be a harder workout if you came down slower than you normally do.

-Benhamine
Benhamine

Postby moizkader » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey Benhamine,

It is possible but I was trying to take my time between rounds rather than slowing the actual round.
moizkader

Postby KTG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 am

Sometimes there are just ups and downs. I think D1 can be particularly brutal if you are just feeling a little off.

A bad workout day is frustrating. But, it is still a workout day, so is still contributing to progress however difficult that might be to see.
KTG

Postby moizkader » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:04 am

Hey KTG,

I think that's what kept me going, knowing it was doing something at least, otherwise I think I'd have stopped at 8 or 9 rounds. I'm forging on with the jump rope (though it is a little short and does keep clipping me in the back of the head still) but I'm going to rest from the simplefit stuff till sunday. I want to make sure all the ache is gone from my arms and shoulders before I get back on there and will go for a day 2, untimed, and really concentrate on form.

One question for everyone, I obviously have certain weak muscles and other very weak muscles. When I do the routines will my body "target" those weaker ones first until they sort of catch-up with the not so weak ones? I ask because I feel most of the pain in my upper arms, biceps and triceps, and my shoulders. I don't feel much in my chest or my back.
moizkader

Postby KTG » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 am

I think they will catch up. But you do have to be careful not to let the stronger muscles push the weaker to the point of injury. At this stage, the rest days are really important.
KTG

Postby moizkader » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Agreed, which is why I'm giving it a few days. I'll see how I feel tomorrow evening but may leave it till Sunday.
moizkader

Postby moizkader » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

W4L1D2: 10mins 45secs

Felt much better today, really felt some sort of improvement. For the first three rounds my negs were held slow all the way down. Round 4 a little flaky with a couple of collapses. Round 5 I did a sort of body row (feet on a set of steps, body at 45deg to floor at top of row but did feel I could get myself a little higher, wasn't getting my chest to the bar).

Last round of push ups were hard, puffed out cheeks but the first couple of rounds were a breeze, never done push ups like that, chest to the floor.

All in all a little confidence regained.
moizkader

Postby moizkader » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 am

W4L1D3: 11:07

Well, I've managed to make week 4 last almost 2 weeks!! But I feel improvements all the way. Today's negs were all slow and steady except the last couple. They were all done with a variety of grips.

Did all the push ups though again the last 3 or 4 were tough.

But all in all feel good. Think I will give myself a couple of days rest between sessions for the next couple of weeks. I think my body needs the recovery time. Although from a cardio point of view I'm fairly fit from a strength point I'm very very weak.
moizkader

PreviousNext

Return to workouts