• View topic - * Will's log *

* Will's log *

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Temporary Hiatus

Postby Will » Tue May 01, 2007 7:03 am

Well, few days ago was day 1 of Week 4 on L4D1, did about 20 reps with 3 sets of shoulder shrugs with 35lbs, then over the weekend ran my usual mile+ and got supplies for building my pergola in mid May with my dad. Liftiing 20 bags of 80lbs of concrete from Home Depot to car to garage was quite a workout in itself.

Yesterday, I had undergone my dignostic and turns out therapeutic procedure in the operating room. My thoracic outlet syndrome have been confirmed, the surgeons found my left subclavian vein (the major vein the runs beneath your clavicle) was narrowed to a dimeter of a angle hair pasta, normally it should be size of a penne, so no wonder why my left arm will swell up everytime I workout...

Anyways, like dialating a clogged artery they were able to widen it with some ballooning, meanwhile they anti-coagulated me as if I were having a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) as a precaution. So the surgery, which lasted about 2.5 hours, my left arm kept bleeding with the central catheter still in place, waited about 3 hours there, left the recovery area still dripping and everytime I move my arm or take the pressure off the insertion site the dribble resumes. Plus now I am on coumadin and subQ injections of heparin (which I have give myself) to keep clot formation from developing, but it doesn't help me to heal my old wound either.

In other words, looks like pushups / pullups for me for awhile... just as I was making good progress. They are talking of removal of a first rib to relieve the compression next month. Not sure if I want to go through with that.

We'll see how it turns out, as for now, I need my arm to stop bleeding.
Last edited by Will on Tue May 01, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Admin » Tue May 01, 2007 8:43 am

Geez that sucks Will, hope you have a really fast recovery. Let us know how you are doing.
Site Admin

Postby jcarroll11 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:33 am

ahh Will that really blows. I have had long bouts with shoulder issues, so i know how much of a downer this can be. I ahve had surgery on my right shoulder twice and still have a torn rotator cuff.

Stick to what the Dr tells you, don't rush back into this, and the blood will stop.

Sorry that you have to stick yourself daily, there is no way i could handle that :shock:

Return to workouts