Simplefit.org • View topic - Browndogs Log

Browndogs Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Re: Browndogs Log

Postby browndog1986 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:09 am

Hey Sean thanks for the comment I do live in the UK yesterday was awful my hands where that cold after simple fit I couldn't even turn the music off my phone I have got really bad circulation though. Al be honest it takes a mental push to get me outside to exercise in this weather really snowing today glad its my day off haha.
what I wear on day 1 and 2 if its super cold is a t shirt, hoodie, woolley hat, track suit bottoms and after say 5 mins (if am getting hot) the hat comes off then after that the hoodie.
Day 3 I will wear a thin hoodie/t shirt I don't want to have extra weight on me lol.

For warming up I hate it and never really bother I try to get up in the morning be active as possible say get washed, walk about, prepare breakfast, maybe do a few press ups, few squats (not many at all) just to engage my muscles. What I try not to do though is get out of bed and jump straight into simple fit to me your muscles are far to relaxed and seems like a good way of getting injured.

Hope that helped

would like to know what other people routines are

Paul
browndog1986

Postby brmc72 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:26 pm

browndog1986 wrote:Hey cheers dude I read you journal/log a few times now and I see right at the beginning page 1 you did level 6 day 3 in 7 mins and then knocked off nearly 2 minutes the next week, my question is did you do any extra training? if so what did you do? I cant see myself getting under 5 mins next week that's why I ask.
Cheers
Paul

Unfortunately, I don't think I did anything in particular that week. I think the key to good times on day 3 is just really pushing yourself on days 1 and 2...day 1 for the cardio and day 2 for the strength...it all comes together for judgement day on day 3 :P

Since you finished level 5 in such a good time, I bet you get through level 6 in no time. Good luck!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby browndog1986 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 am

Level 6 Day 1 Pull ups 3, Push ups 6, Squats 10

23 rounds

tried brmc72's strategy doing sets of 5 and 1 minute rest but 5 was to much for me
I was burn out come the 7th and had to wait 30 seconds to get back up after every set.

I really tried to push it on the last 2 minutes but it didn't work out I was far to fatigued
I was on my 3rd pull up but couldn't get my chin to/above the bar.

I would say if I just carried with the 30 second rests I would of got to 24-25.

Maybe next time I will do the same strategy but 3 sets or 4 sets with a minute rest.
browndog1986

Postby brmc72 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:33 am

23 rounds is a solid performance. I hear you about dropping down to sets of 3 or 4 instead of 5...I picked 5 rounds just because it was a nice number, but it was a bit of a push for me after the first couple of rounds. From round 3 onward, my sets of 5 really had a lot of little breaks in them.

Nice work!
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby browndog1986 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:12 am

cheers for the comment brmc
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:19 am

Level 6 day 2 Pull ups 6, push ups 19, Squats 32

1- 0.56
2- 0.54
3- 0.55
4- 0.55
5- 0.55

Total = 4.35

This is the first Day 2 that really tested me really did feel it.
My chin ups were a lot better than I thought they would be I didn't really struggle to get them out they just flowed nicely.
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Need a new exercise?

Grab a pack of cards

Shuffle the deck

Pick the top card
(Ace is 1, 2 is 2,3.... J is 11, Q is 12, K is 13)

Burpee
Thats all you do burpee

Finish the whole deck

Collapse in a heap

Its better with two people because while one is doing there set the other is resting and you
only get half the pack and they could get all the kings and you the aces.
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 am

Level 6 day 3 Pull ups 32, press ups 64, squats 64

Man that was hard took me about 3 and half mins just to crank out the pull ups

Push ups got to 40 and my arms started to give up so held in position to rest then hit 50 stood up after that and hit 64

Squats were crap got to 50 and my legs were like jelly so had to rest for a few seconds and then did 64

I partly blame then 10 mile bike ride the day before, took just under an hour went with the farther in law who goes every week so was a good challenge. My arse is killing me today been a few years since I went for a bike ride (hate biking) but I knew I was going to struggle to get under 5 minutes today so that's why I went for some extra training.

Going to pick up the training from now on been slacking due to doing each level under 5 mins so now I've failed its motivating me to do more.
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 am

Level 6 Day 1 Pull ups 3, Push ups 6, Squats 10

25 rounds

Did them in sets of 3 then a minute rest

I've had two weeks off from work and been out for dinner every day so that pretty much means I've eaten crap for two weeks so starting today I'm back to eating primal/paleo. At work today I had a salad bowl, for tea I'm having:
(this isn't my image/recipe wasn't sure about links to another site)

For a light, but certainly satisfying and satiating meal, just a few slices of pork tenderloin coupled with a small portion of squash and an avocado is a near perfect match of flavour, colour and macronutrient ratio.

The meal takes 30 minutes. End to end, 30 minutes.

First, the squash - peel and slice, halve the slices and settle them into a pre-heated oven set to 180C/350C ish in some fat. I used goose grease.

The pork - it's tenderloin, so a couple of minutes on all four sides in a skillet and then transfer to the oven for another 8-10 with a few minutes rest time at the end. Err on the light side if you like really soft meat; slice through and if it's just pink, return to the oven sliced for further minute.

So, timing-wise, we'll start this process off after the squash has been in for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, take a skillet and soften some butter. We're going to soften the mushrooms, which can drink up a lot of butter, but don't overdo it - maybe slice half a centimetre off a stick of butter and half that for two people.

Take two or three mushrooms each. White or chestnut are perfect - I used chestnut. Soften in the butter and allow them to just darken.

Grind in a generous twist of black pepper and then pour some cream on. Maybe three or four tablespoons each. On a low heat, reduce. It will darken and take on some of the colour of the mushrooms if you use chestnut.

If it gets too thick, just add a little water. I mean a little! Half a teaspoon will get it all sloppy again.

Naturally, more purist paleos could simply soften some mushrooms in their favourite animal fat or coconut oil and pour over any residual fats in the pan as a sauce. As well as black pepper, some chives in such a sauce work well.

Cut an avocado in half, peel and stone, then chop into segments. I went with four since it was a good, large avocado ... and I'd gone with four slices of squash. I always think of the presentation prior to the cooking.

That's it!

Serve up ... pork, sliced on the bias, squash alongside, avocado over the squash and the mushroom cream sauce over the meat. Garnish with superfluous greens - here, pea shoots.

The meat could happily be beef or chicken. Even fish would work out well - haddock, pollack, coley and halibut all seem to play well with mushroom cream sauces. Cod, not really, nor salmon, but a butter, chive and pepper would go well with those.
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Level 6 Day 2 Pull ups 6, Push ups 19, Squats 32
1-1.00
2-0.57
3-0.56
4-0.56
5-0.53

Total- 4.42

Ya know when ya just feel ya can't carry on from being exhausted just from life well this was one of them days.
When I finished I just collapsed on my bed took a magnesium supplement and slept like a baby.

That last round the best in me came out i wanted to smash it big time
I felt like crap after but I did it, i couldn't even be arsed to type on the forum

I've been eating awesome this week I have bought a load of paleo books (digital) that were worth $400 got it for $30 and a months subscription
of meal plans and magazines so loads of new recipes.

Forum seems dead bit boring no one posting hoping it picks up
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 am

Level 6 Day 3 Pull ups 32, push ups 64, squats 64

Why is some dude trying to sell kitchens on here????
browndog1986

Postby brmc72 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Nice job on day 3! I just finished my day 3 workout a few minutes ago. How do you go about breaking up each exercise? Do you just push through and do as many as you can do or do you try to break it up into manageable chunks?
brmc72
Advanced Member

Postby KTG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:29 am

That's very solid. Keep up the great work. I'm also interested in how you are breaking up the sets.
KTG

Postby browndog1986 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 am

Yo guys on the day 3's up to level 5 i was splitting the chin ups up into 6's and then when my arms started giving up slowly going down (crap way of doing it)
and then i smashed out the press ups and squats didn't break them up.

On level 6 really struggling to start on 6 my arms are killing by the time i get to about 20 i think i need to think about it better and lower the number.
To get 32 it takes me about 3 mins to 3.30 mins so when the press ups come I'm hanging out my arse I'm getting to about 30-40 before i need to rest same with the squats (Squats have be terrible lately so summet to work on).

Having a break this week from simple fit but still doing bits like running, cycling, Muscle ups etc

Muscle ups holy crap are they hard let me know if you've done them i got 3 out after a few attempts to get the rhythm on one of the attempts I slipped at the top and smashed my chest on the bar just glad it wasn't my head.

Also guys do any of you do weights?
Is it frowned upon on here I'm off on holiday soon and wanna get abit more training in and get ripped (if I can) let me know your thoughts.
browndog1986

Postby browndog1986 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 am

Level 6 Day 1 Pull ups 3, Push ups 6, squats 10

Rounds 28

Motivation has been a killer lately but I think I have found the way to keep motivated

TOUGH MUDDER

September me and my cousin are doing it so we need to get fit wahooo can't wait
browndog1986

PreviousNext

Return to workouts