Simplefit.org • View topic - Tara's log

Tara's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Week 12, Day 3

Postby Tara » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:20 pm

We got back from our trip out of town mid afternoon, took an hour or so to let lunch settle and then headed downstairs to do L8D3.

Me: 6 minutes 38 seconds
Hubby: 5 minutes 5 seconds (last 20 squats were a little sloppy, so he was not upset about coming so close.)

We were both really happy with these times and were tired after, but no nausea on my part, so that was great.

**Note to bri: Thanks for the links, I will check them out. I bought some pallet bands, like vb suggested and am working on pull-ups with those. We are planning on getting through level 8 with the body rows and then start over with the pallet bands.
Tara

Re: Week 12, Day 3

Postby splint » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 am

Tara wrote:We are planning on getting through level 8 with the body rows and then start over with the pallet bands.

Oh awesome, I had given out this advice as a possible alternative a couple of times before but never saw anyone try it. I was always curious how this would work as far as progression goes. I mean I imagine once you start incorporating pullups, you'll also find the push-ups and squats get harder as well. I've found that pull-ups activate a large number of muscles that you wouldn't think. Basically your entire torso gets tight as well as your butt and legs.
splint

Week 13, Day 1

Postby Tara » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:53 am

I got a new workout from the trainer I met with 2 weeks ago, so we decided to try that for M-W-F of this week and then repeat L8D3 today.

Me: 5 minutes 41 seconds - that is 57 seconds faster than last week, so I was pretty psyched.
Hubby: 4 minutes 16 seconds - that is 49 seconds faster than last week, so next week he will start over doing pull-ups.

We followed up with abs; kick-outs, weighted ball pass, weighted bicycles, and weighted ball toss.
Tara

Week 14, Day 1

Postby Tara » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:35 am

I had a slight stomach bug this week, but met with the trainer again on Monday for a pretty hard circuit workout. I cannot even remember everything that we did, but I managed to keep my breakfast down, so that was good.

Hubby and I did the workout she had given me before on W&F and today I did L8D3 with body rows and he did L1D1 with pull-ups.

Me: 5 minutes, 8 seconds. I knew I was close and right after, I said screw it, I am not doing this again, but after some minutes of normal breathing, I decided I would try again next week. The time was 33 seconds better than last week.
Hubby: 1 minute, 37 seconds. He did pull-ups with out the bands, but some were sort of half way (not starting from a dead hang,) so he will repeat that next week. His push-ups and squats were a thing of beauty though.

We followed with a bunch of new ab exercises that I got from the trainer.
Tara

Week 15, Day 1

Postby Tara » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:06 pm

FINALLY!!! I was able to do L8D3 in under 5 minutes!!!! Just in time for vacation :). Hubby did a modified L1D3 of 10 pull-ups, 31 push-ups, and 31 squats.

Me: 4 minutes 55 seconds

Hubby: 3 minutes 7 seconds

We will be in London for 2 weeks, then we will start again with pull-ups.
Tara

Back from vacation....

Postby Tara » Mon May 11, 2009 4:35 am

We got back from vacation last Monday night, but it took some days to get over the jet lag and get back into a routine. We started over with L1D3 today doing pull-ups instead of body rows.

Me: 1 minute 53 seconds (I used pallet bands.)
Hubby: 2 minutes 27 seconds (he did 31 push-ups & 31 squats.)

Followed with a 30 minute circuit workout and abs, then a 3.5 mile walk.
Tara

Week 16, Day 1

Postby Tara » Sun May 17, 2009 1:01 pm

We decided to repeat L1D3 again with me switching to 2 bands vs 3. Hubby was also kind of achy from swimming yesterday and a bad back.

Me: 1 minute 44 seconds
Hubby: 2 minutes 20 seconds (he did 31 push-ups and 31 squats.)

I was shocked that I did better (time-wise than last week) with less assistance. Yay!!! I followed with 1 30 minute run on the treadmill. Hubby did the 30 minute circuit workout.
Tara

Previous

Return to workouts