Page 1 of 2
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:08 pm
First day of simplefit.org. Been lurking a while and going to try it out.
- first 3 rounds did hanging real pull-ups, switched to jumping with a 3:1 ratio after that.
- Next time, BRING WATER.
- I figured out a nifty round-counting method. Using a pile of 2 1/2 lb plates, I have one pile count up to 5, and another pile that stands for 5. So I move over the 1's pile until it reaches 5, and move one from the 5 pile over to keep count. Sounds complicated here, it's pretty simple.
I guess I'll stay at level 1 until I can do all real pull-ups.
Wow, what a workout.
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:35 pm
3 minute rest between each.
- First round did dead hang pullups. Last 4 rounds did 1 dead hang but second had to kip.
- squats felt stronger
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 am
Time: 5:13 !
- Did mostly real pullups. 2-rest-1-rest-1-rest-1-rest,...
- At about 4:10 finished 10 pullups and dropped into pushups then squats
- pullup form a little slippy, pulled knees up on some.
- Did 500m of row machine in 2:05 afterwards.
I think 1 more week and I'll be able to level up. We'll see. Probably going to order a door gym so I can workout when traveling too.
Really liking this.
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:20 pm
Nice work! No doubt it won't be long before you're up a level.
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:11 am
29 rounds. +8 over last week.
- plate counting method works well.
- first 10 pull-ups were real, switched to 3:1 jumping/kipp after that.
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:33 am
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:57 am
3 minutes rest between each set.
- might not time this one from here out.
- squats getting better, keeping lower back arched at the bottom.
- pullups - cheating less. last set had to jump a little. Using legs for momentum on 2nd rep on all sets.
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 am
pullups were done in sets of :3,2,2,1,1,1
- Door gym worked well.
- Broad reach bar not worth it.
- This week traveled to Houston and the Door Gym is not wide enough for hotel door ways. Need to get some 1/2 inch pipe to extend the supports, as read on the internet.
- Pullups are getting much stronger.
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 pm
Wow. This is a friggin hard day, these day 1's.
- Door gym with 1/2 inch diam, 12 inch length in the ends works in wider hotel door ways.
- Pull ups were all legit, slight kip last 2 or 3.
- This is higher than last L1D1. boo-ya.
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:15 pm
Skipped d2 because I was in a fire fight at work.
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 am
- right knee a tad stiff
- had to use chair to help pull-ups on last 7 or so sets.
- Crowne Plaza and Hilton have bad doorways for the door gym. Ceiling too low for the lip. So far, newer La Quinta was best.
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:40 am
L1D3 - rest day
- felt sore after L3D1, probably should have had this as a rest week. Took D2 off and D3 went down 2 levels.
- I'll do L3D1 starting monday again, counting this as a rest week.
- pullups were done: 5-2-2-1
- pullups getting easier.
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 am
- First 5 rounds full pull-ups, others had 1 foot on chair.
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:08 pm
Didn't keep track of time. D2's are more of just making sure form is right and getting all the reps in.
- Did all pull-ups, felt strong
- Right knee crackles during squats and is slightly stiff afterwards.
Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 am
*just* missed it.
- Pullups in sets of 5-3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1
- Pushups: 25-5-3
Oh well, I'll level up next week hopefully.