I like the simplicity of this plan, so I thought I'd give a try.
I know that I can't do regular pull-ups, so I made some substitutions.
Friday, March 27, 2009
D1L1: 55 rounds.
My pull-up substitution was as follows. For the first 30 rounds, I did an assisted pull-up with unassisted negative. That is, I used a foot peg to help lift my bodyweight up to my chin above the bar. Then I eased myself back down with full body weight. As my form started to slip in the negative, I switched to hanging a towel over the bar and doing a slanted body-row. That was what I used for the remaining 25 sets.
In retrospect, I might have started at a higher level. I figured that since I wasn't doing true pull-ups anyway, I might as well start low. I also didn't want to work so hard that I blow up and can't continue with the program for the next week or more.
I'll finish out week 1 at Level 1, then see where I go from there.
Oh, and my current stats to keep myself motivated:
35 yo, 265 lbs, 6'4"