Simplefit.org • View topic - Blueraider_mike Log

Blueraider_mike Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Thanks for all the encouragement

Postby Blueraider_mike » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am

anubis wrote:To be at L7 is pretty impressive in itself! You'll be at L8 soon enough. Giv'er!

I was humbled a little yesterday...did L7D1, 25 rounds, ran out of gas. I had improved the last three mondays...

Alot of the challenge for me is I am training for this 1/2 marathon, so the runs are few (only 3 times per week) but all of them are intense.

I think I will follow VB advice and throw some CF in...more core, dips, some weights.
Blueraider_mike

Postby anubis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:33 am

That's really nothing to get down on yourself for. I'd say it's pretty well impossible to post PR every time out. If that were the case imagine how many records would be broken every day. Just not possible. There are always going to be days where your body just isn't up to par for any number of reasons.

I notice you mentioned that you made improvements the last three Monday's and then this fourth Monday you were down a bit. I'll pass on a piece of info from VBM that helped me out. You should aim to try and make your fourth week i.e. this one that you just posted a 25, an active rest week where you drop down a level or two and give your muscles a chance to recover. Then every 4 months take a week off. A lot of guys don't like to take the time off and really it is up to you but I found that the active rest weeks really help progress. Again just a thought. You're significantly more advanced than I but it might be useful to give it a shot.
anubis
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to workouts