Simplefit.org • View topic - Odeon's Log

Odeon's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

Odeon's Log

Postby Odeon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Starting out to log to hopefully help myself to become more dedicated to keeping myself in shape. This has all started since I realized that it'd be really cool to complete a marathon (this will be a ways off).

I have started running back in June ('09), and I am now up to about 2.2 miles (with some breaks of course). I have recently started to help my girlfriend catch up to the running I am doing, so I am starting over and decided that it'd be nice to get the rest of my body in shape!

For this week so far:

1 mile jog - sun, mon, tues

L1D1 - sun, D2 - tues

So far so good! I had really felt the burn of exercise from l1d1. I am using a beam in my house for assisted pull ups until I get a real pull up bar. I am also having trouble with getting the pushups done (a testament to my 'out-of-shapeness'). I have already noticed a difference.

Current weight: 245.4(lb)
Odeon

Postby Ruli » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm

welcome to SF odeon. before you realize it, you'll be hooked on this addictive way of living!!!
Ruli

Postby Odeon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks! I think I am definitely on my way to addiction here. I got D3 out of the way, and I did another round of L1D1 today as well as more running.

I am excited to get my pull-up bar soon. I feel my subs are not nearly the equivalent of a regular pull-up.
Odeon

Postby Odeon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 pm

New pull up bar is a great success! I am able to do 2 regular pull ups now! I am excited to be able to do more. For now I sub!

I have continued at L1, and I think I should stay with this level till I am able to complete one day 1 exercise with doing all the exercises correctly. Right now I am subbing for the pull ups and cheating with my push ups a bit.

I've had to stop running for a bit as I left my shoes behind when traveling, but I plan to start this up again when I can fit it in during the daylight hours.

I am also thinking of increasing the frequency of my workouts since my recovery time has gone down, but I will have to augment the diet to meet these more demanding rituals.
Odeon

Return to workouts