Page 2 of 3
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm
25 rounds in 20 minutes
- pull-up breakdown: 13 rounds of mixed pull-ups and chin-ups, 12 rounds of assisted pull-ups
- 26 pull-ups before I had to start cheating, that's nice
- push-ups and squats are pretty easy; I wish my pull-ups would catch up faster
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:09 pm
- pull-ups (PU)/chin-ups (CU)/PU/CU/PU, no assistance/substitutes needed on any
- did last two sets of push-ups with feet raised on a chair; will continue doing this on D2, maybe on D1 too
- Very confident about conquering D3 this week. Even if I miss, it won't be by much.
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:10 pm
I didn't quite skip L3D3 this week as much as I did an alternative. The last couple days have been full of some physically exhausting yard work, and my back, arms and legs have been wiped. I debated doing the L3D3 workout, but once I had trouble getting through a single pull-up, I decided I'd worn myself out enough. Today I'm getting some much needed rest for my second week of level 3 which starts tomorrow.
A brief testimonial: I've been doing Simplefit for 5 weeks, but have had limited expectations concerning physical appearance. My girlfriend has noticed gains, but I figured she was just trying to be supportive. A few days ago, however, my brother (who is in animal shape) asked me if I'd been working out, and said he could definitely see a difference. The real surprise, though, came later. While doing the above mentioned yard work, I had to unload a delivery truck full of lumber and concrete mix. Before I climbed up on the bed of the truck, the driver looked at me and asked, "are you a weight-lifter"? That felt pretty damn good.
Simplefit is simply awesome.
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:05 pm
21 rounds in 20 minutes
- mixed pull-ups and chin-ups, more or less alternating sets, breakdown: 5 sets of pull-ups, 7 sets of chin-ups, 1 set mixed, 8 sets assisted pull-ups
- 26 unassisted pull-ups, matched last week
- all but the last two sets of push-ups were done with feet raised about 1'5" off the ground, still had little trouble finishing
- less sets finished this week due to some interruptions and a little extra rest time needed due to strenuous post-hole digging done during the day
Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:00 pm
- sets 1-3-5 pull-ups, sets 2 & 4 chin-ups, no substitutes
- push-ups with feet raised up on a chair
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:17 pm
pull-ups: 4-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 (alternating sets of pull-ups/chin-ups, although 11-16 were chin-ups)
- back down to level 1 next week for rest...
- ... then up to level 4 the week after!
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 am
Week 7 (rest):
46 rounds in 20 minutes
- alternated pull-ups (21) and chin-ups (25), as always
- No assists! That's 46 unassisted pull-ups, shattering my previous record of 26! Holy shit!
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:11 am
that is outstanding! i hope i get those kind of gains. i began yesterday and could only muster 10 rounds of L1D1 unassisted.
keep it up...
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:02 pm
Thanks Gary! I can't say how typical my gains are, but I'm very happy with the way Simplefit has been working for me so far, and I think you'll be pleased too if you stick with it.
Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:14 pm
- alternated pull-ups/chin-ups, as always
- 2 sets push-ups, 1 set "diamond" push-ups, 1 set wide-stance push-ups, 1 set feet-elevated push-ups
Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:44 pm
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 pm
24 rounds in 20 minutes
- 11 rounds pull-ups, 13 rounds chin-ups, no substitutions or assists
- 48 total unassisted pull-ups (personal best by 2)
- 2 sets push-ups, 1 set diamond push-ups, 1 set wide-stance push-ups, repeat (6 cycles total)
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:15 am
Forgot to time round 3 so everything was thrown off, but total was around 6:00
1: 4 pull-ups, 12 push-ups
2: 4 chin-ups, 12 push-ups
3: 4 pull-ups, 12 "diamond" push-ups
4: 4 chin-ups, 12 wide-stance push-ups
5: 4 pull-ups, 12 leg-raised push-ups
- no pull-up subs
- assuming I don't complete L4D3 sub-5 (I don't think I will) I'm going to do L5D2 instead of L4D2 next week, since I finished this without much trouble
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:01 pm
- tried a new approach to pull-ups: 1 every 6 seconds for 2 minutes for a total of 20; it didn't work very well, I'll return to my normal routine next week
- didn't keep hard-and-fast track of sets, but push-ups were about 25-12-4 and squats were 16-14-11 (I think)
- for a former cross-country runner I'm having a surprising amount of trouble with squats
Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:11 am
I tried the interval approach to Day 1 for a while and didn't love it.
For the first few sets, the interval is too long ("This is easy!" you're thinking.)
Then, for a while, the sets become more challenging. Still doable, but only just.
Beyond that point, you're unable to keep pace.
I have better results with the "go as hard as you can for as long as you can" approach. Yes, you will slow down at the end, but, with any luck, you'll have banked a bunch of "extra" rounds in the first 10 minutes which will compensate for the slowdown in the latter minutes of the workout.