MrScruff's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

mrscruff

MrScruff's log

Post by mrscruff » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:47 am

Hi all,

Having a look around the community pages here is very motivating. Like many others I find myself in the position of having been fit when I was younger (20's) but having let it slide in the last few years (I'm now 30). Also, living abroad as an ex-pat I don't have the training partners I once had. The no-gimmics nature of simplefit really appeals as a place to get started on the route to fitness/strength again.

I'm 6ft and currently 210lbs, and my body composition is definitely more fat than it ever was before (as the roll around my midsection attests!). Recently my training has consisted mainly of drinking coffee and eating delicious cakes. So, my strength has dropped dramatically and I feel less physically able than ever in my life.

A good time to start simplefit then! I invested in a set of rings to hang from my ceiling and did my first workout today. Here begins the steep climb back to fitness...

Monday, Mar 15, 2010
Week 1
Level 1
Day 1
30 reps

Notes: I had no idea how many reps to pace for so did a couple of very leisurely reps first. Each took around 20 seconds with focus on good form. So, I doubled this and gave myself 40 seconds per rep. That seemed about right: my pull-up strength is a definite limiting factor, but I was able to retain decent form on all the reps. The pull-ups were from a dead hang. After 20 minutes the blood was pumping, and I was motivated enough to go out for a 30 minute run! Simplefit has promise.

Tryhoster

Post by Tryhoster » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:55 am

Eating delicious cakes trains the jaw muscles a lot, so you are used to a good workout :P

Good luck with SF