Simplefit.org • View topic - HalifaxJ's log

HalifaxJ's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

HalifaxJ's log

Postby HalifaxJ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Greetings,

Matt Jarsky (a.k.a. Cheapo) introduced me to simplefit. I was doing squats, push-ups and pull-ups for a while but decided to start logging my progress and following the various levels.

Today was my first official SF day. Although I worked out yesterday and probably should have rested, I had the energy to knock one out;

Week 1, March 24, 2010

D1 L4 - 25 rounds

Not sure where I stand with these number, I'll probably know better after a few weeks. Last week I was able to do level 5 day 3, but wanted to start at a lower level and work my way up. Hopefully I'll get time on day 3 of level 4 this week and move up. My goal is level 6 by the end of April.

Cheers,

Julien
HalifaxJ

Postby HalifaxJ » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:12 am

I took pics...but I'll post them when I have, ahem, results.

J
HalifaxJ

Postby HalifaxJ » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Well, I started on level 4, and I feel that maybe it's not challenging me enough? This being said, I'm going to see it through until D3. I have a feeling this might be a different story...

D2 L4 - Under 6 minutes including rest (30 seconds for most)

I ended up doing 20 push-ups, 10 dive bomber push-ups and 12 more chin-ups after the session.

We'll see how it all goes on D3.

J

EDIT: I just tried doing D3 an hour after doing D2. It took me 6 minutes, but I was fatigued from the D2 workout.

Enough rambling,

J
HalifaxJ

Postby cheapo » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:55 am

Impressive effort Julien!
Don't overdo it!
cheapo

Postby HalifaxJ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:06 am

Thanks Matt.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I'll do D3. I'm tempted to do L5D3 - ?

I have a feeling L6 might be a bit too much for me, but not sure.

I took pictures this morning, but don't want to post them...yet. I'll wait a month to have something to compare to.

J
HalifaxJ

Postby HalifaxJ » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:59 am

Well week 1 is done! The L4D3 was a bit more challenging than I thought. 5 minutes is not much time to complete the workout. My time was 4:38. I also worked out in the morning, which is unusual for me - I seem to get a burst of energy in the evening and that's when I work out.

Week 1 Summary:

L4 D1 - 25 rounds
L4 D2 - 5:45
L4 D3 - 4:38

Now to level 5! I think this will take a while to work through and complete.

Question about D3: Now that I'm done, I still have lots in me to keep working out. I've never been one to follow any workout routine, so I'm finding it hard to stop. Every time I walk by my bar, I just want to pull myself up. Should I avoid this? I know rest is important, and generally I give myself a day of recovery between workout days.

Julien
HalifaxJ

Postby cheapo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:24 am

HalifaxJ wrote:Every time I walk by my bar, I just want to pull myself up. Should I avoid this?

That's known as "greasing the groove".
cheapo

Postby HalifaxJ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 am

I started Level 5 today after 5 days of not following SF (although was "greasing the groove"). Been feeling a bit sluggish lately, wanted to see if I could push myself. I was completely spent after 20 minutes - it's amazing what 20 minutes and 3 simple exercises can do to you. I'm covered in sweat. Before SF I would just do pull-ups, push-ups and squats at a leisurely rate. It's quite a motivator racing time.

Week2

L5 D1 - 22 rounds

Playing Tennis tomorrow and probably go for a bike ride in the woods depending on how I recover from today.

J
HalifaxJ

Postby cheapo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 pm

How you doing now?
cheapo

Return to workouts