• View topic - akshay's log

akshay's log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

akshay's log

Postby aksh8891 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm a 21 years old guy, 6'1", weighing 75kg currently. I know I could use some more mass on me, but right now I just want to improve my conditioning for playing some sports (nothing serious, just for fun with some friends). If my abs would start showing just a bit, that would be awesome too. I've done a few months of body building type training earlier. But I think this is the right kind of training for me right now.

Level 1 seems to be perfect for me currently:
L1 D2: 6m02s
L1 D3: 6m07s

I started with D2 because I just wanted a short workout at that time. My D2 time includes all rest time. I only read later that I shouldn't include it. In that case, how much time should I rest in between rounds?

Currently, my bottleneck seems to be pullups. I spent almost 4 minutes of D3 on pullups, pushups were okay and squats were the easiest.

One more question: If I did this 6 days a week, would that be too much? Or is it okay for say 2-3 weeks?

Feel free to comment :)

Postby lightthievesall » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:39 am

Welcome aksh. A few comments: Simplefit recommends you rest about 3 minutes in between D2 sets. That's a bit much for me, I usually rest until I'm ready to start the next set, which is normally about 2 minutes.

As for the pull-ups, don't get discouraged. They were (and are) still the bottleneck for me too, but just in the first few weeks I did Simplefit I had surprising gains in the number/speed of the pull-ups I can do. Of course, I tend to mix pull-ups and chin-ups together more or less evenly, so that probably helps as well.

Postby aksh8891 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am

I decided to stick with roughly 3 days a week. This week was real busy though, so I could only get in one workout so far.

L1 D1: 32 rounds

It sure was one hell of a workout.

Postby cheapo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 pm

With that kind of result on Day 1, you will be levelling up soon!

Return to workouts