Simplefit.org • View topic - itsmeshelly1's Log

itsmeshelly1's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

itsmeshelly1's Log

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:29 am

My first day! I am 39 yrs old and have lost about 140lbs doing lowcarb. Have been maintaining now for about 4 1/2 yrs. I have worked out pretty consistently through it all but i have always been one that focused on cardio thinking that was the best. I think when i was really losing it probably was. I started the last few months doing alot of videos on fitnesstv. I dont have a gym membership so wanted to find something i could do at home that would build some muscle and be a good total body workout. The videos were great. I have dumbells so used those and would do 40 min videos 6 days a week. They really helped me build some muscle in my upper body and in my legs. I have been getting involved in primal eating and intermittant fasting and found this website through marks blog and thought it sounded great. Sounds like i can cut down a bit on my exercising and still get some amazing benefits. I have been killing myself doing tons of exercising and the more i read and learn the more i realize our bodys dont really need that much. I was excited to start my first day. The bad thing is i dont have a pull up bar or rings so im doing dips for now. I'm going to be getting me a bar this week on ebay. I thought about waiting until i get the bar but i figured why wait. I might get it going and by the time i get a bar maybe i will actually be able to 1 pullup!!! LOL I wish there was something that could be done about the excess skin i have on my butt, thighs and tummy but after working out hard for years its just not going to get any smaller no matter what unless i have surgery and that wont happen. Its not terribly terribly bad but bad enough that i cant wear shorts because im jiggly and i just hate that.
Well enough about me, here is my first days progress. Im so excited about doing this and really hoping for some great results.
itsmeshelly1

Re: itsmeshelly1's Log

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:32 am

D1L1
32 rounds

I am doing dips instead of pullups so im sure that is why i did so many. I did do 3 dips instead of 1 since it was a sub for the pullups. Hopefully i will get a pull up bar soon.

I can already tell that my upper body is going to be sore. I have been doing lunges and squats for awhile so they werent too hard. Pushups not too bad, im doing girly pushups right now and hopefully wont take too logn to get to real pushups. It was the pushups that started killing me the worst first. I really started slowing down in the later rounds. I cant even imagine doing pullups! What if i cant even do 1! LOL
itsmeshelly1

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:59 am

i did round 1 again. I realized i should have started this on a tuesday so i could do tue, thur, and sun.

L1R1
30 rounds

I concentrated a little mroe on form but also since i did this on sunday my upper body was really sore. I had to do the pushups pretty slow. This will be interesting on thur to see how sore i am and how much i can do for round 2.
itsmeshelly1

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 am

L1D2

I dotn like my time here. I really need a pull up bar. Having to do more dips because of it being a sub has made my time a little high. I may have figured out a way i can do body ups on my gazelle getting it under it and holding onto the sides and pulling myself up. This might work. I tried it on the last 2 rounds.
I went jogging yesterday on my down day. That was the first time in a while and it felt great. It was just half an hour but it was nice. I think i will do that again tomorrow. Take Sat off then round 3 sunday
itsmeshelly1

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:00 am

L1D3

Well it took me 4:40 but again, im doing dips so im not making it count right now. They are pretty easy. I actually did half dips and half body ups on my gazelle but i dont htink they are going to work too well because i cant get my arms far enough apart and there is one side that i hit the bar and it makes my form crooked. Thank god i ordered my pull up bar from ebay yesterday. That will be here this week sometime and that will make all of the difference. I doubt i will be able to do 1 pullup right now, but you better i will keep trying until i do it.
itsmeshelly1

Postby itsmeshelly1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:49 am

Week 2
L1D1
34 rounds

Still havent received my pull up bar. Hopefully i will get it today so i can practice a little before D2.
itsmeshelly1

Return to workouts