Viking's Log

body weight exercises

Moderator: cheapo

viking

Viking's Log

Post by viking » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Okay this is my first post. After "getting serious" about my above average paunch, eating right and taking up calisthenics and swimming since January 2010, I have lost a total of 15 pounds. (From 330 then to 315 today) . This is good but not good enough for me, considering all the cardio work. something is wrong. My quest is to work out smarter not longer. So I am starting to experiment. I switched to paleo diet two weeks ago, and the main change to that is eating more fat calories and fewer carbs. I definitely feel less hungry, but also overall a little less energy reserve unless after having some fruit.

I was driven to this site after long bouts of net surfing. At my weight I am really too big for pullups, but can manage about 10 straight on a good day. So for now I am substituting my lat-pull-down machine at 220 lbs ( Ideal for my height) just to get started. I will graduate to real pull ups when the new rafter mounted bar arrives and I put it up.

So for now,

L1D1 = 41 with 220# on lat bar in lieu of real pull-ups

cheapo

Re: Viking's Log

Post by cheapo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

10 straight at 330 lbs is a helluva thing and more than enough to jump into SimpleFit (when your bar arrives, of course).

Best of luck and keep us posted!